You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2010-04-24 01:31:36

priestess1

The weekdays are not correct on Animal Crossing: Wild World

While I was playing Animal Crossing on DeSmuME 9.4, I noticed that the weekdays were chosen randomly for each day (one day is Wednesday, the next day is Sunday).

I just downloaded 9.5 today, thinking that perhaps the error was corrected, but I found the same problem.  I didn't even need to play far into the game to find that the problem was still there.  I just created the file today, going with today's date, and noticed that the weekday read as Wednesday (it's Friday, for those of you who don't know).

Edit:  On a further note, this can really mess up on the events in the Animal Crossing game.

The scheduling of a special character that is to appear is usually chosen by the weekday.  So, if the char is suppose to appear in Friday, which could be, say, tomorrow.  The next day, it is read as Saturday instead of Friday.  It might take several days to finally reach a Friday.

Last edited by priestess1 (2010-04-24 04:26:06)

#2 2010-04-24 07:35:28

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: The weekdays are not correct on Animal Crossing: Wild World

can you post a .dsv file? the intro to this game is really long and i dont know how it works and for some reason i fail at importing .duc from gamefaqs. instructions for how to make the game tell me the date would also be appreciated.

i suppose you should make sure your system clock is correct since that is what desmume uses.

#3 2010-04-24 13:30:52

DottorLeo
DesMuMe Bug Catcher

priestess1 wrote:

While I was playing Animal Crossing on DeSmuME 9.4, I noticed that the weekdays were chosen randomly for each day (one day is Wednesday, the next day is Sunday).

I just downloaded 9.5 today, thinking that perhaps the error was corrected, but I found the same problem.  I didn't even need to play far into the game to find that the problem was still there.  I just created the file today, going with today's date, and noticed that the weekday read as Wednesday (it's Friday, for those of you who don't know).

Edit:  On a further note, this can really mess up on the events in the Animal Crossing game.

The scheduling of a special character that is to appear is usually chosen by the weekday.  So, if the char is suppose to appear in Friday, which could be, say, tomorrow.  The next day, it is read as Saturday instead of Friday.  It might take several days to finally reach a Friday.

It could be interesting also test it on the lastest SVN. Maybe that problem with events is fixed. Please post your .dsv smile

Do you want a better experience with DesMuMe? Do you have a problem with it? READ ME now!

#4 2010-04-24 16:56:07

zeromus
Radical Ninja

The problem description is highly illogical i see no reason why it would have been fixed. But yes, as long as one change has been made, there is a chance that mysterious problems have been fixed.

#5 2010-04-24 17:26:44

priestess1

I didn't bother saving the game when I immediately saw that the weekday was messed up.  A .dsv file was created, anyway.

Err, post up my .dsv file?  ^_^;  Sorry, I'm a bit of a noob at this and don't come on this forum often, so I'm not exactly sure how this would be done.

Edit:  Well, I just saved a file on the game to get through the intro for you.

Last edited by priestess1 (2010-04-24 17:37:37)

#6 2010-04-24 17:36:56

Manivo
Awesome Possum

You go to a file hosting site (such as http://www.filedropper.com/ ), upload the file, and post the link.

#7 2010-04-24 17:42:58

priestess1

smile  Thank you!  xD  Hah, I thought that was how to do it, but I wasn't sure.

Anyway, I saved on the game, so now you don't have to go through the intro.  This time, the game reads that it's Thursday, April 24, 2010....

My system clock reads that it's Saturday, April 24, 2010.

The game will automatically display the date and time on the bottom left corner.  Just keep the character still and the clock will appear.  You can adjust the clock at the start of the game with the options given.  Also, I believe you can adjust it when you go up to the phone during the game play.

Edit:

Here's the file, I hope this can get deleted later:

http://www.filedropper.com/animalcrossing-wildworld

Probably not, but oh well..  I'll probably deleted this saved file, anyway, because I don't like the animals and landscape in this save.  xD

Edit:

About the game, again.  If you try adjusting the clock, yourself, it'll probably just go to the next weekday.  But if you let the game go to the next day, by itself, the weekday will probably be chosen randomly.

I know that was how it occurred with the DeSmuMe 9.4 version, but I still need to test that out with the 9.5 version.

Edit:  xD  Another edit, lol!

Again, about the game.  On the Animal Crossing for GameCube, I know that the game, at the start, decides the time by selecting the time that the GameCube's clock is set.  After that, the game doesn't necessarily follow the GameCube's clock; this allows Animal Crossing gamers to freely time travel in the game without messing up the GameCube's clock.

The adjustment of the clock in the game does not affect the clock of the GameCube; therefore, the game has its own clock that does not follow the GameCube clock.

This is probably the same with the DS Animal Crossing game and the DS.  The DS Animal Crossing game follows its own clock, only using the DS clock to decide the starting time at the beginning of the game.  After that, the game has nothing to do with the time on the DS.  You can adjust the time on the game and it won't affect the time on the DS.  It's the same way around with the DS; you can adjust the time on the DS and it won't affect the time on the Animal Crossing game.

Because the game follows its own clock, and not the DS's clock (the DeSmuMe's clock, in this case), it IS possible for the clock to be messed up in the game.  That's why the weekdays are probably so random.

Last edited by priestess1 (2010-04-24 19:05:29)

#8 2010-04-24 23:02:31

zeromus
Radical Ninja

I cant explain your particular pattern of bugs, but the day-of-week calculation code in the emulator was clearly wrong. I fixed it (hopefully) in r3591

#9 2010-04-24 23:58:56

priestess1

big_smile  Awesome!

^_^  Thanks!

=P  Can't wait for the next release.

#10 2010-04-25 00:33:54

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Unfortunately that change wont be in the next release. watch emuCR for an svn build

#11 2010-04-25 00:49:36

priestess1

Aw...

Alright, I will.

#12 2010-04-25 01:39:17

Pokefan999

I know the rtc also screwed SoulSilver because I cannot get the daily event item when it crosses over to Sat (a new day).  Hopefully r3591 fixes it as well.

#13 2010-04-25 14:52:08

priestess1

Well, I see that the r3596 is out.

Downloaded it, but what I'm getting is a 7Z file that I have no idea how to use it.

#14 2010-04-25 15:01:53

Manivo
Awesome Possum

It's a compressed file archive. Google up what to do with them.

Do note, however, that we do not offer support for unofficial SVN builds. (I.E. the one you downloaded from that site)

#15 2010-04-25 15:16:54

priestess1

Well, I downloaded the 7-Zip program and extracted stuff from this file; but, dang, this is confusing.

I'll get some friends to help me out with this.

#16 2010-05-02 04:47:52

be bright

I'm having this problem too! I'm glad to see that this posting was recent... tongue

So...somebody was able to fix the weekdays for you?

#17 2010-05-02 05:19:00

zeromus
Radical Ninja

zeromus wrote:

I cant explain your particular pattern of bugs, but the day-of-week calculation code in the emulator was clearly wrong. I fixed it (hopefully) in r3591

#18 2010-05-02 05:20:50

be bright

zeromus wrote:
zeromus wrote:

Forgive me, but I don't know what that (r3591) means. :S

#19 2010-05-02 06:14:19

zeromus
Radical Ninja

it means its been fixed and youll get the fix in a few months or right now if you learn how to use svn versions.

Board footer