You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2010-04-24 22:14:57

lig

made some improvements to the joysticks handling

This emulator has a come a long way since I seen it last. I've been using no$gba but it's buggy sound bothers me. So I saw how this emulator looks and sounds and the fact that its open source and was impressed. So then I wanted to play mario 64 ds on it but the joystick function didn't work that well, so I've been working on the joystick code to see if I could help. I've made some improvements that work better for me, but I'm not sure if they would work for everyone. If there is someone who knows something about the code and would like to test my joystick handling out let me know. I'll be watching this forum.

#2 2010-04-24 23:13:03

DottorLeo
DesMuMe Bug Catcher

Re: made some improvements to the joysticks handling

lig wrote:

This emulator has a come a long way since I seen it last. I've been using no$gba but it's buggy sound bothers me. So I saw how this emulator looks and sounds and the fact that its open source and was impressed. So then I wanted to play mario 64 ds on it but the joystick function didn't work that well, so I've been working on the joystick code to see if I could help. I've made some improvements that work better for me, but I'm not sure if they would work for everyone. If there is someone who knows something about the code and would like to test my joystick handling out let me know. I'll be watching this forum.

Be more clear: what improvements did you add to the code?

Do you want a better experience with DesMuMe? Do you have a problem with it? READ ME now!

#3 2010-04-24 23:52:01

zeromus
Radical Ninja

theres a way to do things like this. its called: submit a patch on the tracker

#4 2010-04-25 00:15:36

lig

@DottorLeo: The joystick axises did not work for up, down, left, and right movements for me because of the 'deadzone' coding. There was a spot in the code that said something was done a certain way to remove some sensitivity which is usually called a deadzone. I added the ability to use an axis as a buttons. I added hat motion.
@zeromus: How do you do that?

#5 2010-04-26 00:41:18

zeromus
Radical Ninja

make an account on sourceforge and visit desmume.sf.net and click around until youve succeeded.

Board footer