You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2010-01-12 16:23:26

titan

GTA Chinatown Wars - strange screen before game starts (no bug)

So guys it's me again.

Wanted to report of another kind of "aesthetic" problem in the cas of GTA-CW, which didn't occur to me while using no**** (sorry for mentioning this again :-)).

I does not influence any kind of gameplay, but I found it interesting enough to be reported.

Right after booting up the rom, there's a short message saying the game saves automatically.

Before the "Licensed by Nintendo" shows up, the attached image is shown (usually the screen is absolutely black).

newdt.png

In fact it shows the pda of the game, without time, weapons and destinations.

Did anybody encounter this problem, too?

I am not registered at sourceforge and also don't consider this problem to be important enough to be posted there, but if somebody likes, he might also create a bug tracker.

Might only be a little thing to be fixed.

Hope this helps developers to improve desmume in future a litlle bit.

Best regards,

titan

Last edited by titan (2010-01-12 16:25:21)

#2 2010-01-12 17:35:52

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: GTA Chinatown Wars - strange screen before game starts (no bug)

everyone has this problem. it is very mysterious.

#3 2010-01-12 18:10:22

shash
Administrator

titan: Next bug you provide here and not in the bug tracker, I'll delete happily.

#4 2010-01-12 18:23:29

titan

shash wrote:

titan: Next bug you provide here and not in the bug tracker, I'll delete happily.

I am sorry trying to be helpful.

I thought I could share my personal experience with others, maybe could even help.

So I guess I was wrong.

What kind of thread do you expect in a subforum called "compatibility" with the explanation: "Talk here about working/not working games."?

Didn't I clearly state that I thought this kind of "bug" wouldn't be worth being posted on sourceforge.

I do not think that is reason enough to be rude so I am saying good bye happily.

Hope you feel good not seeing any feedback in this forums and attacking people who just try to communicate with other users/ staff.

I'm gone.

Have a nice life.

PS: Thanks to zeromus who even said something to the problem instead of showing his "authority".

#5 2010-01-12 18:36:25

zeromus
Radical Ninja

omg drama. i cant wait for the next episode

#6 2010-01-12 19:01:20

lbalbalba

zeromus wrote:

omg drama. i cant wait for the next episode

Though you have got to admit: Once you start scaring potentially helpfull end user reports off the forums and/or bugtracker, you may wish to reconsider if you are on the right track or not.

Mayhaps forums called 'Arguments' and 'Abuse' should be started, so that you can tell all the folks looking for an argument that show up at 'Abuse' to just

... pissoff, you tit! !
Say what ?
OH, oh I'm sorry, but this is abuse.
Oh, I see, well, that explains it.
Ah yes, you want room 12A, Just along the corridor.
Oh, Thank you very much. Sorry.
Not at all.
Thank You.
Stupid git!

http://www.mindspring.com/~mfpatton/sketch.htm

#7 2010-01-12 21:44:06

zeromus
Radical Ninja

yeah shash youve got to admit, our policy for which bugs go here and which bugs go to the tracker is not obvious. it depends on a lot of factors including the person making the bug report, so maybe on this particular point we should not be so ruthless.

#8 2010-01-12 22:01:53

shash
Administrator

Ok, let me rephrase it: report wherever you want, being it here, the bug tracker, the comments on 0.9.5 release, printing on paper and sticking it to trees or just explaining it to random people on the street, I don't care.

Post-Edit: That said, it's a mess, that when some developer wants to fix something he doesn't know where to check, as the gamepad screensaver feature about a month ago. And also banned lbalbalba for a while, until he thinks a bit more what he says.

#9 2010-01-12 22:48:08

zeromus
Radical Ninja

that isn't usually a problem for us since we coordinate on irc. i'm sorry it happened in your case, it was a fluke.

it isnt always possible for users to know, when posting in the "compatibility" forum, whether they are doing something wrong or whether it is a known issue or whether it is even a bug. theres not really much they can do other than try and see and if we think it is a bug then we direct it to the bug tracker. i would much rather have that than a bunch of stupidity in the bug tracker.

#10 2010-01-13 00:23:33

shash
Administrator

Ok, then I'll eat my words. Sorry for the trouble.

#11 2010-02-19 19:30:37

CrazyMax
Administrator

fixed in r3386

Board footer