You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2009-12-21 04:33:43

priestess1

DeSmuMe 9.5 x85 bit Suddenly not working?

Hey!  Well, this is my first time posting here.  Sorry if something similar has been posted (but I somehow doubt that).

Well, this could possibly not be the emulator's fault, I don't know.

I actually have a 64-bit laptop, but I find that it actually handles 32-bit better than 64-bit, so that's what I usually use.

I have Harvest Moon:  Sunshine Island and Harvest Moon:  Frantic Farming which I most often play on this emulator.  I also have Harvest Moon:  Island of Happiness (Big Harvest Moon fan!)

Well, today, I tried using emulator, which was always working fine.  No big problems other than the graphics getting a bit glitchy (like the characters would fuzz up briefly, and the emotion icons over the characters would not display in Frantic Farming).

But, today, I found that I could not run it at all.  I would open the window for it, but the screen would not display.  I also found that Sunshine and Frantic Farming went missing.  I could no longer find them in my files.  Island of Happiness was still there, but not the other two roms..

Could the emulator somehow glitched up and deleted those two roms?  Could it be because I used the x86 bit istead of the x64 bit?

>.>;  Maybe I should really be asking my brother if he did anything to my files when he was on my laptop...  But how could the emulator suddenly not work if he possibly just deleted those roms?  I tried making a new copy of my 32 bit, but it still didn't work..

OMG! I hope there is a way to restore these files, I can't find them in the recycling bin.  I'd hate to restart my saved files..

Oh well, atleast I can do a more improved gaming on my new saved file on my new 64 bit.. >.<;

Last edited by priestess1 (2009-12-21 04:47:58)

#2 2009-12-21 04:44:04

priestess1

Re: DeSmuMe 9.5 x85 bit Suddenly not working?

Okay, so I found out my brother did nothing but install two ftp files for me.

So, it is probably something up with the emulator.

I don't know if this could have possibly effected the sudden crash of the emulator for me, but I have resized the screen of the emulator, so it would be larger and easier for me to play certain mini games on those Harvest Moon games..

#3 2009-12-21 05:56:01

priestess1

Oh thank goodness!! I solved the problem by going over the facts! Phew!

O.O But I wonder where my rom files disappeared to.. Lol, does DeSmuMe somehow suck all that rom data into the emulator? xD

#4 2009-12-21 05:58:19

battlepope

The emulator couldn't delete your roms, a user would have to do that.

And what do you mean by "the screen would not display"? Can you see the window, but with nothing in it? Can't see the window at all? You will have to explain better.

Have you tried re-downloading the emulator and unpacking it into a new directory?

#5 2009-12-21 06:10:58

nut
Website

It is possible that you've accidentaly deleted the roms, and you forgot that it has been deleted by you, and you thought that your brother did it. Desmume has no power to do anything to the roms, just lode it into the emulator. And about the disappearance of the desmume screen, check the ini file to see if you have the -32000 items. The -32000 items are the cause of this bug.

I want to be a programmer.

#6 2009-12-21 22:25:07

priestess1

Yes, I've already solved the problem with the disappearance of the screen.  It was indeed the -32000 problem.

As for my roms, I suppose they were located somewhere other than my downloads and I forgot. smile

Last edited by priestess1 (2009-12-21 22:25:47)

Board footer