You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2009-01-02 19:45:09

BigBlue

Phantasy Star Zero: ROM locks after intro video?

Just gettin into emulation here (rather bit of a newbie), and attempting to run Phantasy Star Zero, as I've been a fan of the series.

FWIW, I'm running on this system:
Mac OSX v.10.5.1
Model Name:    MacBook Pro
  Model Identifier:    MacBookPro3,1
  Processor Name:    Intel Core 2 Duo
  Processor Speed:    2.6 GHz
  Number Of Processors:    1
  Total Number Of Cores:    2
  L2 Cache:    4 MB
  Memory:    2 GB [667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM]
  Bus Speed:    800 MHz
  Boot ROM Version:    MBP31.0070.B05
  SMC Version:    1.18f4

As far as I saw with the instructions for the program, I simply should open the ROM from the DeSmuME app, yes?  I've also been using one that has been 'fixed' (supposedly) to allow use.  Apparently the straight ROM has measures to lock the game after character generation.

Issue:  Once I've 'Opened the ROM', the intro plays (slight 'jerky', with the music also a bit jumpy), but then locks once the intro ends, or if one hits the 'Return' key to simulate hitting the start button.

Also, in "Preferences", there's only an option to "start DeSmuME upon Load"... there's no option to remap keyboard controls as I thought.

Is it due to 10.5? Or is PS0 just not compat?

#2 2009-01-02 21:29:16

shash
Administrator

Re: Phantasy Star Zero: ROM locks after intro video?

Probably not compatible, not all games are. I don't own the game to test it, but luckily someone will be able to confirm it.

#3 2009-01-03 22:53:36

BigBlue

Hhrm, I suppose that's possible - however, I've seen screencaps from windows based EMUs on the game, so I was rather hoping it was something could fix (comparitively) easy on my end.

Any ideas why the Preferences screen does not have a remapping function for the keyboard buttons?

#4 2009-01-11 20:01:09

BigBlue

Minor Update: the .9 Mac Binary gets past the 'screenlock' - for a few seconds.

More to the point, the intro video is still choppy, but when one hits 'enter', the 'start screen' is now animated (where it was locked up before).  However, when one hits 'enter' to actually start the game, the video cuts out altogether.  I attempted to hit 'enter' to blind-accept the options, but to no avail.

Is anyone else trying this Title on macintosh DeSmuME?

#5 2012-10-03 04:18:48

Tathacier

I played and LOVED Phantasy Star Online for the GCN, when I saw this Title I had to have it.

I have never had much trouble with DESUME or general DS ROMS, But I cant seem to download a working ROM for this title or GTA: Chinatown Wars

Any advice?

#6 2012-10-03 19:07:56

Manivo
Awesome Possum

Yeah. Stop pirating games.

Board footer