You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2022-09-18 14:19:24

AllisonZelo

Replaced/Reset File

Hi. My name is Allison and I really need help with the following problem:
After I was done using PokeGen to evolve trading pokemons, Desmume asked me if I wanted to replace my file when I was going to save the file again. I hope I haven't completely deleted everything, but when I tried loading the ROM, the menu said "new game". I have been playing with this ROM for over 100hrs, so I really could use some help. I'm very glad that this support page exists, and I'm also really happy for all the nostalgia Desmume has given me.
Thank You in advance

#2 2022-09-18 14:29:53

AllisonZelo

Re: Replaced/Reset File

Hi, would just like to clarify: I did press on ”replace the file”. I haven’t done anything else though.

#3 2022-09-18 18:07:17

zeromus
Radical Ninja

"going to save the file again" I don't know what this means. Please explain more clearly. Use more exact words; I can't read your mind.

#4 2022-09-18 19:57:47

AllisonZelo

My bad. I had changed the pokemon to their evolved forms. And to lock in all the changes, I went to save the file, through the PokeGen program. When I clicked on the “Save file” button, a window popped up, saying that there was already a saved file in that name, asking me if I wanted to replace the file. I clicked on “yes”, the window went away, I assume it did it’s thing, as in replacing the file, and now I’m stuck with “new game” as in there is no file with progress that I can load.
https://youtu.be/z2NVb1WqEF8
I followed this video, which explains the whole process of using PokeGen to evolve your Pokémon. The video is 3 years old, but the steps I went through were pretty much the exact same, except that part after saving the changes.
Hope this helped clarify things.

#5 2022-09-18 20:11:36

AllisonZelo

Basically I overwrote my file by accident. And now when I looked at “Version History” it says there aren’t any previous versions.

#6 2022-09-20 04:14:53

zeromus
Radical Ninja

We don't make "version history" or 'pokegen'. I don't know why pokegen didn't work. I don't know anything about pokegen. I suggest you review the video carefully to discern your mistake.

Board footer