You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2022-08-01 19:37:15

rustymonkee

Help with Map View

I'm using version 0.9.13. Tested it with an older version and got the same result.

https://imgur.com/a/bwpr77T

When I want to view the Map or OAM, the numbers cover the graphics. I've tried changing my DPI and font size, nothing. It wasn't like this on my computer before I factory reset it.

Any suggestions?

#2 2022-08-01 20:52:48

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Help with Map View

That looks like a default font that's used when the normal fonts specified by the resource files in the code don't exist or are disabled or substituted for some reason
We're certainly using "MS Shell Dlg". You can look into how to customize that and maybe find out that it's been customized or broken and revert it to something normal (tahoma or whatever)

#3 2022-08-01 21:56:50

rustymonkee

I've tried changing the font for Windows. Still nothing. Unless you meant something else?

#4 2022-08-02 19:14:41

zeromus
Radical Ninja

no, I didn't mean something else. I'm certain about my diagnosis. Your fonts are broken. You'll have to figure out how to repair them.

#5 2022-08-02 20:28:08

rustymonkee

I've tried everything, just isn't working. Thanks anyway

#6 2022-08-03 00:31:19

zeromus
Radical Ninja

You know, that can also happen in one other case -- when there's a problem with other software on your system, specifically something leaking GDI handles. Turn on the GDI handles column in task manager and look for offenders. Most likely explorer, but it could be something different. You can kill explorer process (taskkill /f /im explorer.exe should do it).. but rebooting should do the same thing, and I'm sure you've already tried that, right? Well, one desperate move you could do is kill processes randomly with desmume closed and then open desmume to see if it's better (desmume may be stuck broken until its reopened) and eventually you may find the incompatible process. Especially since you did a "factory reset" target garbage installed by the computer vendor (HP or whatever, you know) since that stuff is invariably complete garbage. Of course after this experiment youll want to reboot since youll have trashed things nicely.

Board footer