You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2008-08-25 14:02:36

Spawnofherot

Games?

I was just wondering where I can actually get games for this emulator? I saw another thread and the poster was told to buy them at their local store, but what exactly do we buy? The game for the DS?

#2 2008-10-20 00:18:48

theOtherSeanConnery

Re: Games?

The illegal way to do it would be to download roms that you don't own.  you might be able to get away with it on some older consoles, but i don't think pirates of nintendos most recent handheld baby will be free for long.  as for the legal way to do it, you will have to own a DS and some games for it, and a few other materials.  Regretfully, as it was the first method i found, i will post a forum topic from team cyclops.  its a bit complicated at first, but after two or three you will be golden. http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1942

#3 2008-12-09 01:33:37

64emuAce

If you already own the original cartridges, you could probably safely download the corresponding ROMs on a ROM site.  Just be careful for viruses.

And I'm not promoting piracy, for those of you who think so.

Ever heard of GBA-DSP?

#4 2008-12-09 08:42:10

shash
Administrator

64emuAce: No, it's not safe. Owning a copy of a game doesn't grant you right to get a ROM from another copy, it's the same as owning a single cartridge doesn't give you the right to getting for free more copies of the same.

#5 2008-12-09 21:24:37

64emuAce

My bad.  I always thought I was okay because Nintendo wasn't losing any money by ME, as I already paid for my original cartridges.  Those who HAVEN'T paid and then download the ROMs are the ones who are truly cheating Nintendo out of money (and I guess, in a sense, the distributors as well).

But I wouldn't present my case in court like I just did!

I know that I am not stealing, as I have paid the money...

Now legally downloading?  As you discussed, that second important point in this conversation is a different matter.
Legal issues don't necessarily depend on right or wrong in the greater sense.  They depend on already established principals.

Ever heard of GBA-DSP?

Board footer