You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2021-11-03 09:05:40

Johnny987

Trouble with the Kirby Super Star Ultra save

I have been using this emulator for a while with my old ds games for a while without problem.
But, today i tried to load Kirby Super Star Ultra with my sav file as i always do and i get a message sating <<Save data size cannot be reliably determined from the file you are importing. So, i searched what to do and found that i should make the SAV file into a DSV file, so i did and loaded the game, but i get a message ingame saying <<Formatting game data plis dont close the game or push power>> and right after that <<Save data could not be read. Power off the nintendo and try inserting again the ds card>> (The ingame text is not exactly like that y translated it)

#2 2021-11-03 18:16:42

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Trouble with the Kirby Super Star Ultra save

You should get that warning every time you import a sav file (from a flash card?). Yet you seem surprised by it. So you are not doing as you always do. What have you done in the past?

#3 2021-11-04 09:59:21

Johnny987

Oh sorry, i should have explain a bit further. I have not used the emulator for a while but the method i remember doing is:

Taking .nsd and .sav file from my R4 card. Use this converter ( http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php) and convert from R4 .sav to raw .sav. After that open emulator load the .nsd file (all working good), then import the raw converted .sav file, reset emulator, and i should have found myself with the game with the same saves as i left it on my r4 modified DS. But now for some reason it wont work, and in the final step i find myself with the game empty, without a save .

I have tried with other games the same method, depending on the game i eighter get an empty games without saves and in other games it will be like Kirby wich i cant even get to the main slot select screen as i get the messages from my first post in this thread.

#4 2021-11-05 00:04:05

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Ignore the message and do it the way you did it before. If that doesn't work, figure out what version of desmume you were using before. If that doesn't work, skip the import step and instead delete the .dsv and put the .sav alongside it named appropriately but left with the .sav extension and it will auto-import when you boot the game. If that doesn't work, post the .sav here and I'm sure it will work when I try it and then youll at least know it works if you can figure out what youre clicking wrong.

Board footer