You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2021-09-19 15:54:19

TheLobsterCopter5000

How to toggle slow-motion without having to keep the hotkey pressed

One of the things I like to do when playing games on emulator is to help practice certain advanced techniques in slow-motion, to get a better feel for them. However, I can't seem to find a way to set DeSmuMe to run in slow-motion, unless I keep a "set speed" hotkey pressed down the whole time, which makes it much harder to make inputs properly, since I basically have to do stuff 1-handed. Is there a way to toggle slow-motion so that it will stay slow until I set it back to normal speed again. For example, if I wanted the game to run at half speed, is there a way I can press something, or an option I can turn on, that will keep the game locked at half speed, without me having to keep a button pressed down?

#2 2021-09-19 20:57:13

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: How to toggle slow-motion without having to keep the hotkey pressed

press -

#3 2021-09-19 21:21:43

TheLobsterCopter5000

zeromus, you clearly didn't read my question. - only works if you hold it down.

#4 2021-09-20 02:04:45

zeromus
Radical Ninja

I read it but I ignored it because there's no "set speed" hotkey. The - key is the default binding for "decrease speed".
If desmume is somehow speeding up after you press the hotkey to slow it down, then what stops it from increasing without limit all the way up to 4.0?
Desmume has never had a "hold to slow down" hotkey. Perhaps you're using a modified and unsupported version of desmume.

Board footer