You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2021-05-30 09:31:05

TyberRoman

Memory Altering (Cheats) and unable to get them working

Hi I have been getting back in to a childhood game of mine, Magical Starsign and was trying to learn more about the leveling system. Problem is that when I tried to alter the LV stored it seemingly didn't update it. I have a video showing it here: https://youtu.be/zlXrqcwhR-U and I would really appreciate help figuring this out. I have been unable to find any other resources for specifically for this issue and would like to understand what is not working and how to get it working.

Really appreciate your help,
-Tyber

Edit: Making the YouTube URL clickable and correcting my English

Last edited by TyberRoman (2021-05-31 00:24:08)

#2 2021-05-30 16:13:57

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Memory Altering (Cheats) and unable to get them working

Wrong forum. Not actually desmume related. Won't find any help here. Find a website full of cheaters where there should be a number of people asking similar questions.

#3 2021-05-30 23:52:38

TyberRoman

zeromus wrote:

Wrong forum. Not actually desmume related. Won't find any help here. Find a website full of cheaters where there should be a number of people asking similar questions.

I appreciate trying to direct me towards people who might know how to modify memory values but respectfully disagree that it is not part of DesMuMe. The feature is part of the emulator, has a section of the FAQ for it and even has its own wiki entry on how to use it https://wiki.desmume.org/index.php?titl … in_DeSmuMe . I dont know if you saw the video I linked above but in it I was using the DesMuMe built in memory altering but it was seemingly not updating the game. I am hoping to understand why the DesMuMe feature isn't working for me so i thought the support forum would be the best place. Do you have any suggestions for who I might ask if you do not know the answer @zeromus?

Either way I appreciate the help,
Thank you,
-Tyber

Edit: If you are wondering if I have searched the forum for this exact thing here is what I have found. http://forums.desmume.org/viewtopic.php?id=8999 . There was another one but it was created in to the guide linked earlier. I dont know how helpful it was but the video linked above showed what I did and had the console open should that be show anything useful

Last edited by TyberRoman (2021-05-31 01:52:09)

#4 2021-05-31 04:44:27

zeromus
Radical Ninja

It was not updating the game because cheating is hard. That cheating is hard is not desmume related. Sometimes things just don't work the way you expect. For instance, perhaps you found the variable that's a copy of the save data. Changing it in the save data copy doesn't affect the values the game has loaded out of it. The way you found the cheat is clever but it's vulnerable to that problem. You need to use the cheat finder to find the variable that changes between the specific values when a levelup happens--that one is more likely to work. An even more robust way of doing this is to give yourself an absurd number of XP so that the next time you win a battle you will levelup to 99

My suggestion for who to ask is a forum full of cheaters who like helping people work out cheats.

#5 2021-05-31 14:11:40

AsPoke3172

#6 2021-05-31 18:05:01

TyberRoman

Thank you for the specific advice and links!

#7 2021-05-31 23:06:15

AsPoke3172

You are welcome! smile Enjoy making cheats! You are the next hacker!

#8 2021-06-03 07:27:36

rtnmmzskc
Website

thank you!

Board footer