You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2021-02-25 10:23:36

MrUks

DeSmuME time keeps using windows time

Hi,

I've been using DeSmuME for a while, but lately I've started streaming it and found a problem I can't seem to set up.
So the problem is as follows: I stream with obs late in the day and want to catch daytime pokémon. I've searched everywhere and keep stumbeling on the fact that I need to change the system time. This works, but I can't do that as obs starts acting funky when I do. So I thought... If I could start it as a real ds, I could change the time. I've found how to set up bios and stuff, sadly I can't change the time as it always reverts to my windows system time.

So TL;DR: I need DeSmuME to run a different clock than windows system time. Is there a plugin or lua script that would allow me to do this or even just a way to change it in the bios file?
Thank you in advance.

#2 2021-02-25 19:02:35

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: DeSmuME time keeps using windows time

If you "record a movie" (a TAS replay) you can set the RTC that way. You could also hack the code. I'd say you would have a challenging time changing it through lua, but in general it is a thing that emulator+lua could manage. There are no plugins of any kind for desmume, and there is no way to change it in the bios file.

#3 2023-05-11 10:00:59

oikbeaver
Website

Re: DeSmuME time keeps using windows time

zeromus wrote:

If you "record a movie" (a TAS replay) you can set the RTC that way. You could also hack the code. I'd say you would have a challenging time changing it through lua, but in general it is a thing that emulator+lua could manage. There are no plugins of any kind for desmume, and there is no way to change it in the bios file.

Many thanks, It's helpful for me.

Board footer