You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2021-02-11 21:19:40

Bnthomason

Built in cheat search not working properly

Hello. I have a problem when adding cheats via cheat search. The addresses are being found, and are being updated like normal, but when I try to freeze an address using the built in cheat search, the freeze is ignored and the cheat is ignored. I use cheat engine and it works fine this way, but certain cheats don't work with cheat engine, or else, I'm too dumb with pointer scanning (I can't pointer scan, and don't have the time and patience to learn).

I'm trying to perform a cheat that was performed a long time ago with the same emulator. Do anything in the Emulator Settings could change the function of cheat freezing?

Edit: I'm using the nightly build from 6 months ago

Last edited by Bnthomason (2021-02-11 21:20:09)

#2 2021-02-12 01:58:28

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Built in cheat search not working properly

I just used the latest git build to make a freeze on peach's health in super princess peach and it worked just fine. 0x02274ed0 freeze to 6 and I'm invincible

Anything in the emulator settings can affect freezing, because freeze cheats (should more accurately be called pulse cheats) are only run once a frame and anything that affects the timing can affect the relative timing of when cheats are pulsed vs when the game reads and writes the value

#3 2021-02-17 14:43:40

Bnthomason

Ok, so, what is the recommended settings for using cheats? Cause when I attempt to freeze the values for a particular game, the pointer relocates the addresses for that value. I'm trying to avoid this. This works well in an older save state, where I can freeze the values, and the values stay frozen, but not in a fresh new game.

#4 2021-02-17 19:27:27

zeromus
Radical Ninja

If you are trying to freeze via cheat engine, then you get no support from us. Desmume may move its memory around any way it pleases. Is that what you're talking about?

Board footer