You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2020-12-23 15:54:46

tuig_

Possible to fix a corrupt save state?

Hello,

I recently started playing Pokémon SoulSilver and made quite some progress.
Yesterday, after an entire day of playing, I saved my progress to a save state (F1).

Today I started up DeSmuME to play Pokémon again, but when I accessed the load state my game is in a "freeze state".
I hear music playing as normal, but the water doesn't seem to move, nor does the Pokémon behind me.
When I startup the game, everything seems fine. I can play the game as if nothing happend. Only when I load into this state my game freezes and I can't use anything (touchscreen, keyboard controls, xbox controller).

What I believe happened (not sure) is that I closed the emulator too quickly when saving to state 1. What in my case might have corrupted the save file (if that's even possible).

My question is, is there a way for me to access this particularly save file? Because it contains quite some progress I made..
I don't save in game that much, because saving to states is faster.

Last edited by tuig_ (2020-12-23 15:56:01)

#2 2020-12-23 18:05:04

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Possible to fix a corrupt save state?

There is no way to uncorrupt a file.
You should be saving far more than once a day.
You listed things that don't move. It wasn't a list of everything. Does ANYTHING move?

#3 2020-12-23 19:34:14

tuig_

Nothing moves. The touchscreen doesn't work either.
Can't use the keyboard, mouse or xbox controller.

I hear the right music (not distorted or anything), so that's odd. Tried restarting the emulator a few times, but that didn't seem to work.

All other games or save files work, so it's not the game. My keyboard and controller both work fine on another save state too.

I didn't think much of saving as I'm nuzlocking the game.

edit: I'm stuck on a frame where there's water. The water doesn't move, just like the sprite of the Pokémon behind me that always moves even if you insert any keybuttons.

Last edited by tuig_ (2020-12-23 19:36:39)

#4 2020-12-23 19:45:43

zeromus
Radical Ninja

It's incredibly unlikely that you corrupted the savestate. More likely it's a freak accident or bug in the loadstate code that broke the arm9 cpu while leaving the arm7 running to play the music. anyway there's nothing you can do about it in any case, other than make sure you save in-game more often and make backups more often and use the latest version of desmume

#5 2020-12-23 20:16:18

tuig_

Feelsbad

Thanks for the support.

#6 2020-12-24 00:05:06

zeromus
Radical Ninja

I suppose i should mention too that the game may not actually be frozen but rather just the 3d graphics so if you can save in-game blind, you may be able to escape with a savefile. This sounds ridiculous but there's decent odds it's the case. You should try changing the 3d renderer to softrasterizer if you havent yet

Board footer