You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2019-01-11 00:03:14

DeadSkullzJr

Small Bug With Fast Forward

Hello, I downloaded the most recent nightly build of DeSmuMe (1/9/2019) and encountered an issue when fast forwarding in games. I have tried three different games already and all three face the same issue. Everything seems to run and look fine when you load the game up and play, when fast forwarding however, you get stuck with this sitting on the top screen: (Games tested, Metroid Prime Hunters First Hunt, Metroid Prime Hunters, Pokemon White Version, images are in the following order of the games I mentioned)

Metroid-Prime-Hunters-First-Hunt-USA-Australia-Demo-24.pngMetroid-Prime-Hunters-USA-24986.pngPokemon-White-Version-USA-Europe-NDSi-Enhanced-19125.png

None of the games crash either, when you stop fast forwarding the top screen returns to normal.

Last edited by DeadSkullzJr (2019-01-11 00:03:55)

#2 2019-01-11 00:05:48

DeadSkullzJr

Re: Small Bug With Fast Forward

To be honest, it seems to only happen when 3D objects or graphics in general are displayed.

#3 2019-01-11 01:59:43

zeromus
Radical Ninja

seems to only be a problem when GPU scaling is selected.. and the game is dual screen 3d? ill put an issue on github.

#4 2019-01-11 02:46:17

DeadSkullzJr

zeromus wrote:

seems to only be a problem when GPU scaling is selected.. and the game is dual screen 3d? ill put an issue on github.

"seems to only be a problem when GPU scaling is selected.."
Yep just did a quick test, works perfectly when the scale is set to default (1) but anything past that it has that effect.

"and the game is dual screen 3d?"
Nope though I am sure it would affect a full dual screen 3D game for sure. All of the games I mentioned above (Metroid Prime Hunters First Hunt, Metroid Prime Hunters, and Pokemon White Version) all have the 3D content and gameplay on the top display only while the UI, options, etc are on the bottom screen (which doesn't contain any type of 3D content). The reason Pokemon White Version had a black bottom screen is because I took that screenshot during the intro of the game when it was zooming in on the main town you start in (which is 3D). The black background is normal of course, like I said it's just the top screen that I know of that has this issue with the GPU scale, I don't know any DS games that utilize 3D for both screens, if I did I would definitely test and see if the bottom screen has the same issue with the GPU scaling (assuming it would though based on the effect presented on the top display).

#5 2019-01-11 06:06:36

rogerman

There was a regression from commit git#abc0649 that could cause graphical glitches when running custom resolutions on multicore CPU systems. The bug involved frameskip, and fast forwarding with frameskip enabled made the bug very obvious.

From our Downloads page, try the nightly for git#f5d90a7 to see if that resolves your issue.

#6 2019-01-12 06:37:57

DeadSkullzJr

rogerman wrote:

There was a regression from commit git#abc0649 that could cause graphical glitches when running custom resolutions on multicore CPU systems. The bug involved frameskip, and fast forwarding with frameskip enabled made the bug very obvious.

From our Downloads page, try the nightly for git#f5d90a7 to see if that resolves your issue.

Tested the latest commit, works perfectly now. Thanks! Also thanks Zeromus for posting the issue, if you were involved in the fixes then thanks for that as well.

Last edited by DeadSkullzJr (2019-01-12 06:38:36)

Board footer