You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2017-05-08 23:37:26

BoogieMan

Final Fantasy 4 DS on Retropie?

Anyone here tried running the DS version of Final Fantasy IV on a Retropie? (Pi 3)

I know the system requirements on a Pi3 are below that for desmume, but I saw a Youtube video of someone allegedly playing it on the Retropie and it looked just fine.

So, anyone have any experience with this? Any specific settings that would help get it running smoothly? I've checked it out, but I can't find any kind of information that specifically assists with setting up desmume on a Retropie. I've got it installed, but as for configuring it, the only place I see desmume settings is in the all/retroarch-core-options.cfg file, but I can't alter it and I've no idea how to resolve the problem.

Last edited by BoogieMan (2017-05-09 12:46:20)

#2 2017-05-09 22:48:07

BoogieMan

Re: Final Fantasy 4 DS on Retropie?

For those who may have the same question, I was unable to figure out how to alter desmume settings on the retropie, and the shortcut keys weren't working. The game was completely unplayable with the default settings.

However, I installed DraStic, another emulator and it works nearly flawlessly with default settings - at least for Final Fantasy IV. I can't offer an opinion on other DS titles. I'll try desmume out more later when I learn more about the system.

#3 2017-05-09 22:56:24

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Final Fantasy 4 DS on Retropie?

we don't make android desmumes and don't know anything about them. I assume that's what youre using if youre running drastic.

if youre running the linux port, the command line options to change the 3d renderer and jit settings will be required. I don't know what shortcut keys you expect to work. I can't believe there are many shortcut keys in the linux port.

if you saw someone running desmume on a toaster, and it looked to be running bearably fast, i assume it was drastic.

Board footer