You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2016-12-04 18:37:09

fandomroleplayer

Xbox controller support?

In the future will Desmume have xbox controller support?

#2 2016-12-04 19:27:01

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Xbox controller support?

It doesn't already? Just bind the buttons in the controls config same as everyone else.
As for *special* xbox controller support--don't hold your breath.

#3 2016-12-20 08:27:33

XORnophobic

It's spotty in the Windows x86 build. Doesn't really work at all in the stable release for that version. Mostly works in the 2016/12/16 x86 nightly build, just doesn't recognize the left stick which *can* be gotten around with Autohotkey.

x86-64 build works brilliantly with controllers. I don't have a Mac and haven't tried to build it on Linux yet so I can't really say how it would work on a *nix system.

#4 2016-12-20 09:38:26

zeromus
Radical Ninja

I dispute all your findings. There's been no changes to the gamepad support since the last stable release. It works _just fine_ in the latest stable release, and has always recognized the left stick. It suffers from the trigger confusion normal for directinput software. If you're having anything less than 100% success, then there's problems with your system.

#5 2016-12-21 04:53:45

XORnophobic

Yeah, if you need unusual legacy driver configurations for the software to work correctly then there's probably an issue with the software itself. Especially if it has unpredictable behavior varying by both build and system. That's a pretty big smell, especially if it's happening without any changes to code that should affect the subsystem. I observed this fucky behavior on a recently installed copy of Windows 7 64-bit with up to date installation of all manufacturer provided drivers. It wouldn't terribly surprise me if the app is having problems with the fact that my system has USB 3.1 ports, even the MS install disc has problems with that which require extraordinary measures to work around. Can't say I'm feeling very inclined to dig around in the source code to fix this problem either, what with me being called a liar for daring to mention a problem I had. I have a workaround that functions correctly on my system so I really don't give a shit, not enough to go out of my way if that's how it is.

#6 2016-12-21 08:30:49

zeromus
Radical Ninja

desmume doesn't know anything about your USB ports. It uses directinput. Windows knows about USB ports, so it may be confused by them.
Desmume does have a problem where keys can get stuck down until you reboot. It's certainly a bug nobody's ever been able to find. That would conflict with your left stick if you were extremely bizarrely insanely unlucky. And it would be gone after you rebooted.
I don't know what unusual legacy driver configurations you're talking about. I assure you, xbox controllers work fine for most people who havent installed software that interferes with directinput.

#7 2017-01-03 05:15:08

fintogive
Website

use a wired ps3 pr ps4 controller if you have one. thats what i use and i dont have any problems with it.

Board footer