You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2016-11-28 21:51:42

Clone

Dragon Quest Rocket Slime Unresponsive Touchscreen?

I've been playing DQ:RS for a while now, gotten very far in the game, just got past the cutscene where the town gets cleaned up, and I went over to Startist to paint the picture, but I got locked into it and can't exit because the touchscreen doesn't respond at all.
It's not DeSmuME, because I got Drawn To Life and the touchscreen worked there, but it doesn't seem to at all on DQ:RS.
I also can't load state out of it, because I accidentally saved over my only state while in this, so I can't back out.

Any advice?

#2 2016-11-28 22:12:51

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Dragon Quest Rocket Slime Unresponsive Touchscreen?

The only advice we have for accidents like that is using your backup software or OS to recover old versions of files.
If you can post a .dsv saved just before that scene, we can investigate the touchscreen. I'd say there's a slim chance we have bugs which could break some touchscreen stuff still, especially "painting" type things.

#3 2016-11-29 08:10:13

Clone

Re: Dragon Quest Rocket Slime Unresponsive Touchscreen?

zeromus wrote:

The only advice we have for accidents like that is using your backup software or OS to recover old versions of files.
If you can post a .dsv saved just before that scene, we can investigate the touchscreen. I'd say there's a slim chance we have bugs which could break some touchscreen stuff still, especially "painting" type things.

Sorry, I'm quite new to this whole shindig and there are a few terms there I don't get, like what exactly is my "backup software", and what a ".dsv" file is.
But otherwise I'll try and search anything I don't get up on google, and then act on it.

EDIT:
And I checked, I don't think I'm going to be able to recover an old version of the save state for whatever reason.

Last edited by Clone (2016-11-29 08:12:19)

Board footer