You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2016-11-18 16:49:32

adranihc

Horizontal Display Problem

Hello all, I have a little problem with DeSmuME that just popped up and it would be nice if someone were to be able to help me with it.

So um, I have been running DeSmuME quite regularly in the past month or so, and it was working fine as recent as Wednesday and/or Thursday (so 1 or 2 days before this post).

The problem is when running the display on horizontal, the right screen will start to lag and the display becomes delayed and very choppy. Even if I flip the two displays around, it is still the right screen that has the problem (i.e. regardless if it is displaying the actual top or actual bottom screen). I have tried restarting the computer, reinstalling DeSmuME, running a fresh ROM, but the problem still persists.

One way I've found to get around the problem is to run the display in vertical layout, and there would be no problem whatsover. But I am so used to playing on horizontal display, so it would do me a whole world of good if someone were to guide me on how to possibly solve the issue.

I'm not sure if I am being clear enough but thanks in advance for any suggestions! smile

#2 2016-11-18 22:37:50

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Horizontal Display Problem

That isn't possible. The screens update at the same time. There must be a problem with your GPU or monitors. Is the right screen displaying out of a different video port or monitor or GPU?

#3 2016-11-19 02:41:16

adranihc

I'm running everything out of just one screen, and I don't think there's anything wrong with the GPU because I've tried running other more intensive games and everything seems fine.

One thing I've just realized is the problem seems to more specifically stem from maximizing the window. If I run the display on horizontal without maximizing it, everything would run fine.

I know it sounds really illogical but that's what is going on haha

#4 2016-11-19 08:15:17

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Your evidence (you've run more intensive games) does not support your conclusion (there's nothing wrong with the gpu). That's just a fact of logic.

You can try changing config > display method.

When you say maximize, do you mean literally maximize, or go fullscreen with alt+enter?

#5 2016-11-19 10:53:39

adranihc

Sorry man, I'm not too good with computers and all sad

I meant literally maximized, and I tried with fullscreen but the problem persists as well.

But either way, hey, it worked! I changed the Display Method from DirectDraw HW to DirectDraw SW and everything worked to perfection. I'm not sure what the difference between the two configurations is though.

Anyway, thanks man, you're a real life saver! smile

#6 2016-11-19 19:39:58

zeromus
Radical Ninja

the difference between the two configurations is each of them glitches different GPUs (and HW may forcibly blur the screen sometimes)

Board footer