You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2015-11-10 12:52:54

Talphadogg

Start in Full Screen Option.

Hey guys, I love this emulator, and one of my hobbies is messing around with emulators in general. I've made a few cabinets and boxes with them and love exploring new ideas and experiments. Something that i noticed is that this emulator doesn't have an auto full screen that I've noticed(aside from the old ALT+ENTER) and was wondering if that's for a reason? I feel like its the only reason people don't use this for cabinets or emulator boxes and was wondering if its in development or was left out for a specific reason?

#2 2015-11-10 18:01:28

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Start in Full Screen Option.

It's not for a reason. It's not in development. It's not left out for a specific reason.  People don't use it for cabinets or emulator boxes either because they use frontends that are able to fullscreen desmume somehow, or they just don't care. If all that was stopping them was an auto fullscreen option, they would have asked a long time ago.  Would you like such an option?

#3 2015-11-10 18:50:02

rogerman

Talphadogg, there is an auto fullscreen option on the Mac port.

On the Mac port, whenever DeSmuME.app quits, it retains all of its current display settings, including whether a display was in full screen or not. When you relaunch DeSmuME.app, it automatically restores all the previous display settings. In other words, if you quit DeSmuME.app while in full screen, you will relaunch DeSmuME.app in full screen.

#4 2015-11-13 17:08:40

Talphadogg

zeromus wrote:

It's not for a reason. It's not in development. It's not left out for a specific reason.  People don't use it for cabinets or emulator boxes either because they use frontends that are able to fullscreen desmume somehow, or they just don't care. If all that was stopping them was an auto fullscreen option, they would have asked a long time ago.  Would you like such an option?

Yeah that would be awesome! Thanks.

Board footer