You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2015-04-05 03:46:57

findpkq

tiny bug report and some questions

bug
megaman zx,can't save in game in the first time.just at the beginning,the old man guide the hero to save,in the save screen,it can't  save successfully.
for e.g. the old man guide-go into the save screen-save in the first slot-save in the second slot-reset-the save in the first slot disappear.

or  the old man guide-go into the save screen-save in the first slot-save in the firsr slot again -reset-no problem

and there's no problem after this guide

then,some advice(or questions?),though you may fell annoying

1.I'm interesting in todo page in wiki,but it seems that just cocoa port's todo page will change now.

so it means the core of desmume will not develop in a very intended plan?

2.which game will use the line hack?I can't understand this accurately,so it's hard for me to translate the 0.9.11 release version.
   and if the frontend will not change a lot,i think the language settings can come back some day
   though I'm puzzled by the " unify the frontends"  in todo page

3.i know crazymax is so busy,so it will take a long time to fix those jit bug?I see the  priority of jit bug is low

great thanks

best wishes

#2 2015-04-05 05:53:24

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: tiny bug report and some questions

sounds like an 0.9.10 bug. not the kind of thing we expect in 0.9.11

1. correct
2. not going to answer this. if a game is missing graphics, spend 2 seconds to try it and see if it helps.
3. yes

#3 2015-04-05 06:04:56

rogerman

I've never had any issues with saving in Mega Man ZX at any point in the game. I test DeSmuME with this game a lot, so I play this game all the time. findpkq, do you have specific steps to reproduce this issue? And can you reproduce this issue on different machines?

Also, to answer the following:
1. Are you interested what is newly posted on the Wiki? Or are you interested editing the Wiki?

If you want to edit Wiki pages yourself, you should join our IRC channel and request zeromus for editing privileges. More information about joining IRC here: http://wiki.desmume.org/index.php?title … _is_IRC.3F

Now if you're wondering about the new stuff posted... the Wiki TODO pages are maintained by the individual port developers. I develop mainly for the Cocoa port, so that's the page I mainly write for. However, that does not imply that there are no plans whatsoever for core and the other ports -- it's just that any future plans have not been documented yet.

2. Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin needs the line hack when you use the castle warp stones.

"Unify the frontends" means that I'd like to make a new layer in the application stack that would handle all communication between the core and the high-level UI code. It would be a generic frontend layer written in C++ that would allow for more code sharing between ports. Hopefully, this layer will make it much easier for different ports to gain certain features. Right now, some features are currently port-specific and can't be shared with other ports. Even core functionality, such as the emulation loop and frame skip, work very differently between Windows, Cocoa, and the four Linux ports. If things were standardized, then it would make future code maintenance easier.

Just know that the new frontend layer would only be implemented in the Cocoa port at first so I can make sure that it actually works. If successful, I would then implement it in the Linux Glade port. After that, anything goes.

In short, "unify the frontends" is more to the benefit for us developers than for end-users. It's mostly code cleanup. However, end-users may eventually benefit from this some day.

3. Don't know about CrazyMax. Haven't seen him around lately, but he's probably still lurking somewhere.

#4 2015-04-05 07:10:04

findpkq

in most of time,i just repost the bug.i just see someone ask the question,and i test it by myself then report the bug

and now i can't make sure how  this problem happen.sometime happen and sometime seems ok

i used to save frequently,so when  i see someone complain he can't save megaman zx i feel amazing.Then i test and it really happen.i tell the man to save again at that position,and he said he solve the problem in this way. but i test again now, everything seems no problem.what a mess= =

so please,never mind this tiny problem before i can exactly find out what happen.the second e.g. i said in #1 is useless, i think.

and really really thanks for the other answers.

==========================
by the way,how does the fast forward (tab button)work?
just unlimit frame skip?someone complain that fast forward is not so smooth(though i'm not care about it at all)
or make the game in 30fps  (show a|a|b|b... in60 fps) to (show a|b|c|d...)?
just for curious

and you must know xbrz 1.3 just release.(though i don't like magnification filter in most situation)maybe you can consider to update the code

best wishes

#5 2015-04-05 09:12:13

rogerman

For fast forward, see this link: http://wiki.desmume.org/index.php?title … _button.3F

xBRZ v1.3 offers some performance improvement for the cost of keeping a static 64MB lookup table in memory. Since not everybody uses xBRZ, this would be an unreasonable cost to place on users. However, if xBRZ dynamically allocated the lookup table, (in other words, using the 64MB of memory only when the filter is in use, and then freeing that memory when no longer in use,) then we might reconsider using the lookup table. But in terms of the how the filtering works, xBRZ v1.3 is identical to v1.2, so we'll just stick to v1.2 for now.

Last edited by rogerman (2015-04-05 09:13:24)

#6 2015-04-05 18:15:40

zeromus
Radical Ninja

There were saving bugs since r5121. Making a savestate would clobber the battery save. I think I fixed it in r5152

Board footer