You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2014-09-22 16:53:56

vivi_n

Software Requirements Sheet (SRS)

Hey there, I am a  computer science student at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki and would like to work on DeSmuME as part of my Software Engineering class. I've noticed that even though there is a wiki and a FAQ for DeSmuME there is no official SRS, so I would like to begin writing one.
I'm required by my course to ask for the developers' permission which is why I'm posting here (I'm not sure this forum is right, but it seemed like the most appropriate). So if I could get permission to start working on the SRS, that would be very helpful for me.

#2 2014-09-22 22:04:16

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Software Requirements Sheet (SRS)

This doesn't make sense. You don't need permission to write a "SRS". Just do it. It's open source, nobody can stop you. Perhaps it's something else you're supposed to ask permission for? Maybe permission to contribute or commit?

We have a FAQ somewhere which lists "requirements". The requirements are basically irrelevant. Windows XP or newer, mouse, and keyboard.

#3 2014-09-22 22:13:13

vivi_n

Thank you for your reply.

I assumed you'd say that. I'm required by my course to get permission simply to write an SRS and nothing more.
(I don't really get it either)
Anyway, thanks again!

#4 2014-09-22 23:04:19

zeromus
Radical Ninja

weird.

so, I think I get it now. This must be "software requirements" as in "the software shall open .nds files, and save .dsv files" and etc.? I guess it might be fun to write that down.

Board footer