You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2014-08-22 15:45:55

chewbacasballs

pokemon heartgold (yeah i know but hear me out)

i was craving pokemon recently and got into all this DeSmuME stuff. black screens forced me to keep restarting which was uber frustrating, but i pushed on by quick saves using the hot keys for saving to slot 1- 10. anyway im at the elite 4 and i managed to beat them but when it rolls credits and restarts the game automaticly  it loads the save file from in game, not the save slots on the launcher, so it takes me back to when totodile was a level 10 grunt, not to my beautiful team of ho-oh, totodile, raikou, entei, dewgong and machamp (all above lvl 50) my point being it says i cant save because a save file already exists. i dont understand this, at what point in the game do you lose the ability to overwrite saved data. if you can only save once then how would that even work. ive had so many issues with this game and i dont want to lose my team.

WHAT DO?

#2 2014-08-22 18:55:56

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: pokemon heartgold (yeah i know but hear me out)

The game warned you when you started a new game that you would be unable to save since the save slot was already occupied.

#3 2014-08-23 15:46:12

chewbacasballs

thats just it, i never started a new game, its all been the same game, i save once at the begining and for some reason at the start it allows you to overwrite the data and save normally, but in the other, further along file that is the same damn game, it says it impossible to save, so my question is at what point did it stop letting me save?? its all the same file just diffrent points in the game. im gonna have to restart it but whatever, i just dont want to do it twice and be pissed about losing my team again. thank for the reply tho.

#4 2014-08-23 16:40:32

zeromus
Radical Ninja

You must be mistaken. Pokemon lets you begin a new save file when one is already there, and never lets you save. Maybe you just think you saved in the beginning.
Or you could be using desmume 0.9.10 which has problems saving sometimes, but I really doubt it could be causing this. People have been making the same mistake you made for many years.

#5 2014-08-25 03:11:14

alvinhochun

You need to press a key combination when starting a new game in order to overwrite the save. Look it up.

Board footer