You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2013-06-06 22:29:06

WooMooLooToo

DeSmuME 0.9.7 x86

I am so confused and I so really need help...  This may seem like a repeat of information, but if it is could you please post a reply with links to help me out?

It seems like whenever I find something about the running speed of desmume that someone needs help with, they start talking about all this gHz and OS and whatever else.  All I think I might know is that gHz is gigaherz or something like that...

Anyways, I will see on youtube all the time when I'm looking for walkthroughs, like Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks, for example, and it appears that their emulator runs so much faster than mine.  I've looked up videos online and stuff for how to make it run faster, and all of it just doesn't work.  A lot of them say to use frame skip too, which really really really doesn't help me.

The games on my desmume just do not run nearly as fast as the ones I'll watch on youtube.  I'm guessing mine runs at like half the speed, if even that.  I just wonder if it's because of the computer I have (Windows 7, Toshiba, Satellite, I think it's a vista, and it's a laptop).  One of my friends kept suggesting it was because of all the stuff I have on my computer, which I could understand being the case, but I don't think it is that.
Before my Windows 7 XP (or was it Vista... Can't remember...) died, it ran at about the same slow/sluggish speed.

I even saw on one youtube video that the game ON the DS ran a lot faster.  With some games, it doesn't bother me as much, but I really notice the slower speed in games like Pokemon and even Harvest Moon: A Tale of Two Towns.

Whatever the problem is, I am absolutely certain it isn't running at the speed it should and could.  Any thoroughly explained help would be most appreciated.  I'm not STUPID, but I don't have a lot of computer smarts, so you're definitely going to have to explain everything including what terms like OS are.
Thank you so very much!
P.S. If I subscribe to this topic, will I get an email whenever another post is added to it?

#2 2013-06-07 03:03:53

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: DeSmuME 0.9.7 x86

You dont know how many ghz you have, but youre absolutely certain about the speed that something could run on your computer?

#3 2013-06-07 04:37:46

WooMooLooToo

Okay so basically I'm sure there has to be something to make it run better....
And I just found out the following:
Processor: Genuine Intel (R) CPU     585 @ 2.16 GHz     2.16 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 3.00 GB (2.87 GB usable)
System Type: 64-Bit Operating System

Would any of the information above help you to answer my question?

#4 2013-06-07 04:56:32

findpkq

why not try the newest version,such as 0.9.9 x64
if you're using a laptop,try high performance mode

#5 2013-06-07 05:04:23

zeromus
Radical Ninja

your processor is a celeron M. this is designed to be almost as slow, cheap, and low power as possible, so that you can run the same software as everyone else--but slowly. It is comparable to a desktop processor first released several years ago, lets say about like a core duo T2050, and does not meet the minimum requirements specified on our wiki, which is a core2 class processor, the slowest of which is twice as fast as your processor. You can't expect anything to run well on that laptop. You may as well be using a speak and spell. You might find ways to make it run better, such as using a version of the emulator which isnt geriatric. We have a lot of speedup suggestions on our FAQ, which this forum requested you to read before posting. Also a new version of the emulator will have recompiler options which will help your scenario greatly.

#6 2013-06-07 16:03:25

Manivo
Awesome Possum

My favorite part of the forums today was "You might as well be using a speak and spell".

Board footer