You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2010-11-16 06:34:08

SpadeHalo

Megaman Battle Network 5 Double Team unable to load ingame saves

Megaman Battle Network 5 Double Team stalls when attempting to load an ingame (dsv) save file. The music keeps playing, but the lower screen darkens while it tries to access and becomes unresponsive to all input.

I have tried manually setting the save type to each of the available options; all of them cause the same issue except for EEPROM 4kbit, which failed to save in the first place because it was too small. The autodetect and Flash 2Mbit options result in dsv files of the same size, and this concurs with looking up what the save file is supposed to be. Thus the autodetect seems to be working fine, and the game appears to save with no problems - it's loading the save that causes it to choke.

DeSmuME is clearly detecting the presense of the dsv file as it only stalls when one is present. Deleting the dsv file allows me to get past the start screen. I have tried this with also the Windows x64 and x86 programs but both show the same results. Running DeSmuME in administrator mode has not fixed it either.

Loading ingame saves from other games works fine at me. So far MMBN5DT is the only one I have encountered with this problem. The issue also extends to the European version of the ROM.

I would be content just using save states but I remember the game requiring you to save and load after beating the final story boss to access post-game content.

Please excuse my English. I am at a loss.

#2 2010-11-16 07:32:17

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Megaman Battle Network 5 Double Team unable to load ingame saves

say... youre not kidding!

#3 2010-11-17 23:13:15

Lightchild

SpadeHalo: What version are you using? I can reproduce this in the official 0.9.6 version and 0.9.5 version, but in the most recent SVN that I used for verification issues, the problem was solved. I suggest that you download and compile the most recent SVN, or wait until 0.9.7 is released.

I hope that this would be useful.

Last edited by Lightchild (2010-11-17 23:15:28)

#4 2010-11-20 08:17:32

optimus

Lightchild wrote:

SpadeHalo: What version are you using? I can reproduce this in the official 0.9.6 version and 0.9.5 version, but in the most recent SVN that I used for verification issues, the problem was solved. I suggest that you download and compile the most recent SVN, or wait until 0.9.7 is released.

I hope that this would be useful.

i agreed with you buddy...

Board footer