You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2010-11-08 00:35:53

Krisley

Soul Silver Problem

I've experimented as much as I dare, which is basically just... try again and again, restart, try using different method of loading, but I'm still encountering the same problem- DeSmuME.exe has stopped working. I've asked this of yahoo, but I fear I posted in the wrong section, and only after I did that did I find these forums. So why not ask here instead? Makes more sense, really.

Anyways, yesterday it worked fine. Slow, sure, with the usual glitching from time to time if I ran it too long, but no problem. I was having trouble with Whitney's cursed Miltank, and to my surprise, managed to beat it. I grabbed the badge, walked straight out, and saved- regular save and double state, as I usually do. I had to leave, though, so I shut it down, and only today did I try getting back at it. The first time, it went through to about the starting screen, and I clicked to continue- then the message popped up. It shut down, I started it back up, and now it won't even run the zip, let alone let me start over or anything else.  Heart Gold works fine, and is still at the last place I left it- ready to grab the last badge in Kanto (yes, I'm a slow gamer). Only Soul Silver is affected.

I run the 0.9.5x86 version of the DeSmuME emulator, but I'm wary of updating to the newer version lest I lose my HG progress too. I fear SS is already gone. Any advice? I'll provide whatever data is necessary, but you may have to tell me how to locate it. I'm not familiar with programming.

And yes, I've read the faq. I'm just wondering what might have gone wrong, since it's obviously not the typical glitch problem I've become accustomed to, and if there's a way to maybe save the data. Maybe it's a bug in the system? I don't know. My HG has always worked fine.

Last edited by Krisley (2010-11-08 00:43:23)

#2 2010-11-08 07:26:37

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Soul Silver Problem

unfortunately we dont support soulsilver gamers so this isn't the better place to ask. yahoo answers isnt the right place to ask _anything_ related to emulation. find some forums full of pokemon pirates, they spend inordinate amounts of time figuring all this stuff out.

theres no reason you can't use two desmume versions at once you wont lose progress in one by using another. just keep all the files completely separate and give it a try.

of course youll need to set it up correctly to point at a copy of the save files and whatnot. that may not be easy for some people.

#3 2010-11-08 16:57:13

Krisley

Considering I haven't found many pokemon forums that I can really understand, my being a casual gamer and many being either illegible or overly techinal, I tried to post where I could. Probably to the death of my yahoo account, I suppose.

So if I were to download the new version, it wouldn't rewrite the old? I'm more concerned that the file might become incompatible and thus useless unless I can find the old again. Honestly, SS and HG are the only games I've ever emulated, so I'm at a loss on most of this. Organizing the files, though, I think I could manage pretty well.

#4 2010-11-08 17:28:07

zeromus
Radical Ninja

It wouldn't overwrite the old unless you told it to. You shouldnt have to worry about finding the old again anyway because you can just save the download. Really, you need a basic computing tutorial.

#5 2010-11-08 20:30:17

Krisley

Basic.... I know my way around a computer, thank you, but I appreciate the assurance. I'll leave your boards in peace then, free of Silver once more.

Board footer