You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2010-08-01 18:16:49

mehmory

Valkyrie Profile - Covenant of the Plume

I'm using Desmune v0.96 x86
I have a problem with a part of the game, In chapter 3 "The Atrolian Pass part 2" where you fight Lieselotte has problems rendering any textures in any fight whether it be the boss or just a monster. I checked in dev mode and it said

;Tried to reference unmapped texture palette memory: 16k slot #0
;Tried to reference unmapped texture memory: slot 0
and pretty much repeats after that

Is there something I can do to prevent it from happening or is it just the emulator unable to find the correct textures from the rom.

I tried to turn off the graphics and fight just to see if it still freezes and it still does, not sure what else to do. Turned off sound as well (just in case).

#2 2010-08-01 20:12:31

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Valkyrie Profile - Covenant of the Plume

theres nothing you can do. sounds like a bug. post a savefile or a savestate before the textures begin disappearing and we'll take a look. i can think of at least one way it might have been fixed since 0.9.6 if you want to try a svn build and see.
it should only be freezing in the dev+ build because it is too busy printing text to emulate, right? it may be hard to finish the battle with no 3d though, i dunno

#3 2010-08-02 04:11:51

mehmory

Thanks for responding so fast =P
Here is a few links containing savestates 01, 02, and the savegame itself

Savestate 01 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FPNZ395A

I actually thought of a way to get to the boss for a trial fight to see if it may work for the boss and not the other creatures (same occurrence as other monsters) it just freezes

Savestate 02 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MCD580SU

Its before you engage in battle to make sure everything is clean (like turning off hacks)

Savegame 01 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PFK53QJJ

Sorry that its all megaupload, if your having problems I can upload to rapidshare or something =P

And I've been regularly cheating in the game if thats something you should know (I did turn everything off before I began the fight and stuff)

Thanks again!

Last edited by mehmory (2010-08-02 04:12:09)

#4 2010-08-02 04:51:20

zeromus
Radical Ninja

can you please be clear about whether in your experience there is freezing or a failure to display textures? it is not clear right now. cheats can cause crashes and we can't really do anything about it and i am rather uninterested in researching it. cheats shouldnt be making textures dropout though, that seems unlikely.

if you turn off cheats and reload the emulator and load from a save FILE and get crashes, then it becomes interesting again.

#5 2010-08-03 05:01:09

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Did you perhaps mean "problems rendering anything at all"? Because all I get are black screens. This game is just crashing. Can you tell me how to get to the boss battle from the savefile? I dont trust the savestates if youve been cheating.

#6 2010-08-03 20:31:58

mehmory

sorry, what I meant by not rendering anything at all is that when I initiate a battle whether boss or not. It loads a bit (screens still black) music plays then 3-4 seconds later in loading (black screen still) it freezes. I will try loading back a save then without cheats play up to that part and see if it is the cheats that might have caused some kind of graphical error. Thanks for the response again zeromus.

Alright I went and played it without any cheats and it went through fine, So sorry Zeromus. Thanks for your great assistance, I won't post something like this unless Im for sure next time...thanks again =] *smiley face*

Last edited by mehmory (2010-08-03 21:12:17)

Board footer