You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2013-12-03 03:24:45

12seth12

Different way to emulate Touch Screen?

Hi,
The current way to emulate the touch screen (click on the screen where you want to touch) works fine right now as long as you have your mouse near you. But what I noticed while playing some stylus intensive games like kirby mass attack or elite beat agents is that it's very hard to flick or move that fast with just the mouse (you can always just slow down the game to do it quicker but that's anoying).

So I was wondering if there would be a way to emulate the touch screen with a controller that has a touch screen in it and you could just use your finger as a stylus and have the dexterity needed to play these games. The one i have in mind is the new Steam Controller that has a touch screen in the middle. let me know what you think about this.

Thanks

Last edited by 12seth12 (2013-12-03 03:25:06)

#2 2013-12-03 03:33:57

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Different way to emulate Touch Screen?

1. Any controller with a touch screen will allow it to operate as a pointing device. Thats generally, if not universally, the main point. So nothing else is necessary. Use the touchscreen, its a pointing device, desmume can handle it.
2. Its only possible for desmume to read the touch input specially if someone programs it to do that specially.
3. I expect many controllers with a touch screen on them to be exposing it as analog axes. Someone could program desmume specially to control the stylus position through analog axes. This could also be done right now with lua probably.

Board footer