You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2012-05-26 11:49:07

pleonex

Ninokuni save type problem

Hi!

I'm playing Ninokuni with the lastest version, 0.9.8, of Desmume (dev version) and I'm getting problems to save the game (not a savestate).
I have seen at ADVANsCEne the save type is TBC, I don't know what kind is and I can't select it from Desmume... Any idea?

Also, I have tried to import this version of the database: http://www.advanscene.com/offline/datas … ne_NDS.zip
and the program crashes.

Game info at ADVANsCEne: http://www.advanscene.com/html/Releases … hp?id=5604

Thanks in advance.

#2 2012-05-26 18:22:00

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Ninokuni save type problem

it seems to me that TBC just means 'we dont know'. like TBD (to be determined) but maybe (to be checked) instead?
anyway, this game seems to do a normal save memory initialization process. as far as i can tell it works, but i can't read japanese.

#3 2012-05-26 18:41:34

pleonex

Oh, yeah probably.

Anyway, when I start the game I get this messages in the command line of Desmume:
"COMMAND7: Unhandled Backup Memory command: 01 FROM 038061E0"
"Autodetecting with autodetect_size=3"

I'm actually hacking the game to translate it spanish (I haven't found yet any english translator). I have changed some bytes in a overlay but I think that when I load the savestate the new overlay data isn't read, as I have seen in the memory is always the data of the original overlay from the savestate...

For this reason I need to save and reset the game. If you want I can upload the savestate where you can save the game.

Thanks

#4 2012-05-26 21:24:32

zeromus
Radical Ninja

those messages are benign and are not clues as to why the saving would fail.
uploading a savestate where you can save the game might be helpful. Can't promise anything though. additionally, a detailed translation of the exact error text may aid us.

Certainly loading the savestate will clobber the overlay. There are sloppy workarounds for this, but we'd have to discuss them in detail.

Your english is good enough to do the english translation. if you would rather not, it may be something I am interested in helping with, but only if I can go over your rough english translation and make it more lyrical. I don't know japanese. However, this would be an excuse to do something I've been meaning to do for a very long time without getting very technically invested (which I don't have time for). You should come on IRC at irc.freenode.net #desmume and talk to me there. If you get me engaged, I'm more likely to help you technically a little bit.

#5 2012-05-27 09:17:00

CrazyMax
Administrator

#6 2012-05-27 23:07:12

pleonex

@zeromus: Oh thanks a lot!
here it's the savestate https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3981393/Transl … nokuni.ds1
to save just "talk" to the green stone. More or less the error is:
"Corrupted data! (or Save data error!)
Reset the console
and extract the cartridge!"

And yeah, sure, as far as I found another translator I will contact you, that would be fantastic. All the "hacking" part is more or less done, only a few single files with text I need to extract.
I will try to come to the IRC but, this week I will be busy...

@crazymax: thanks, that database works without problems, but still Ninokuni appears with savetype: TBC... so no luck

Board footer