You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2007-04-03 10:25:27

XTra KrazzY

Windows Frame Limiter

After many tries and many different failed/non-working implementations, I have finally released a working, threaded, frame limiter(with GUI) for the windows version of DeSmuME.

Sourceforge Link (I'll register with them when I have time).

Feedback?

If you are reading this signature, you SERIOUSLY need to get a life.

#2 2007-04-03 21:02:56

XTra KrazzY

Re: Windows Frame Limiter

I've registered... Please commit

#3 2007-04-03 21:30:42

shash
Administrator

XTra KrazzY wrote:

I've registered... Please commit

I just came home from a rather large day, I'll try to do later if I don't fall asleep. I'm sorry I didn't apply the diff before.

Offtopic: I updated my blog, as you asked to tongue

#4 2007-04-04 08:21:05

XTra KrazzY

Yaaaaay! tongue
Thanks a lot. Nice to see some screenshots of the current WIP's WIP smile

Maybe the next step after that could be building a DirectX (I'm only asking that for the shininess and graphic card compatibility) 3D engine. We already have the graphics module's interface, all we (not me) need is to implement it. (heck, just try and find one decent programmer who knows UNmanaged directx and C, damn .net)

I still love the current OpenGL build... Keep up the good work (and blog updating tongue)

#5 2007-04-04 14:04:02

unknown_gamer

thx for updating the blog... good screenshots i hope to have the new WIP in a near future smile

#6 2007-04-04 18:24:45

shash
Administrator

XTra KrazzY wrote:

Maybe the next step after that could be building a DirectX (I'm only asking that for the shininess and graphic card compatibility) 3D engine.

Why use Direct3D? I know many shitty integrated cards suck at openGL, but it's unlikely it will be a problem with current openGL renderer demands. Porting it to Direct3D will be easy once I code the vertex buffer scheme I've in mind (not to mention that it will render the strange format of DS quad strips correctly). As the current core uses inmediate mode, it might be a bit more difficult.

About the shinniness stuff, it's not possible under fixed pipeline, either openGL or Direct3D, it's just a feature that's not available. The solution would involve using pixel shaders and uploading the shininess table as a texture for lookups. That would enable certain other effects, but I will code a software rasterizer before a shader renderer, as I prefer the flexibility and requirements of a software renderer, at least to emulate strange hardware as the DS one.

XTra KrazzY wrote:

We already have the graphics module's interface, all we (not me) need is to implement it. (heck, just try and find one decent programmer who knows UNmanaged directx and C, damn .net)

I coded on Direct3D years ago, as I already stated it wouldn't be hard to port it, but it's pointless.

#7 2007-04-04 18:40:31

XTra KrazzY

-DirectX emulates fog seamlessly tongue (no need for it though)
-The software rasterizer will slow things down a bit

-I've made a window property storage system.. Check it out in the patches tracker.

Last edited by XTra KrazzY (2007-04-04 19:11:35)

#8 2007-04-04 19:25:59

shash
Administrator

XTra KrazzY wrote:

-DirectX emulates fog seamlessly tongue (no need for it though)

openGL too, but both work very differently than the DS hardware, iirc.

XTra KrazzY wrote:

-The software rasterizer will slow things down a bit

It might, but it'll be probably the best way to do accurate rendering.

XTra KrazzY wrote:

-I've made a window property storage system.. Check it out in the patches tracker.

I saw it, but I won't be able to work on desmume before next tuesday, sorry.

#9 2007-04-04 20:43:36

XTra KrazzY

It's ok... I could just join the dev team in sourceforge, as I have come up with a new bugfix for firmware settings(which fixes both the title and the name/message overlapping when cutting the string shorter), it's still a WIP because I want the combo boxes to work in vista as well, as it doesn't seem to for a rather odd reason.

It just seems that I have time, I'm taking a break between assignments and not attending lectures because I'm a bit sick... This will shortly end as I'm getting better, so no more 64/multithreading/forum spamming tongue /bugfixing/patching anytime soon... sad

Board footer