You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2007-03-31 13:41:17

XTra KrazzY

Has Anyone Succeeded in Running Dev-C++ in Vista?

'nuff said. Can't compile, need help.

If you are reading this signature, you SERIOUSLY need to get a life.

#2 2007-03-31 17:11:58

guillaume
Administrator

Re: Has Anyone Succeeded in Running Dev-C++ in Vista?

as it seems to be a dev-c++ related problem and not a desmume one, I guess you should contact the dev-c++ team wink

#3 2007-03-31 20:05:48

XTra KrazzY

They split up a long time ago... 2005 or so, so no support.

Sorry for asking this here but this is a place where users compile CVS with Dev-C++ (as seen in the cvs tutorial, some of you have also bought Vista as well)

#4 2007-03-31 20:49:53

shash
Administrator

Afaik, it doesn't work due to wrong path setup, so setting it prior to executing make works, I don't remember where I read about this "hack".

#5 2007-04-04 17:25:00

XTra KrazzY

1a. You have to run Dev-C++ as an Administrator (or see 1b). Either right-click on Dev-C++ every time you run it and choose "Run as an Administrator" or right-click on it and go to Properties. Then go to Compatability and check the last box: "Run as an Administrator". This is because an Administrator has special priveleges that allow for the writing (creating) of files. Specifically, you won't be able to create the Makefile.win if you don't do this.

1b. Here is another choice if you don't want to run as administrator. Right-click on the Dev-Cpp folder and go to Properties. Then go to Security. Click Edit. Select "Users (*PCNAME*\Users)" and select Full-Control. Select OK.

2. Go to the following directory: ...Dev-Cpp\libexec\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2. Copy the cc1.exe and cc1plus.exe files. Now go to this directory: ...Dev-Cpp\bin. Paste those two files. NOTE: You may eventually have to paste more files in there. But this has worked for me in the little that I've used it so far. I am just using it to do C++ and Windows programming though.

3. You're done. It should compile correctly now.

Board footer