You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2022-04-15 02:04:09

jmckinley0321

Save State Issues

Good evening. Over the past week I had been playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky on DeSmuME without any problems, until today when I loaded the game up and none of my preexisting save states were there, and I didn't have the ability to create new save states. I'm using the most recent version of the application, and haven't updated it or my computer since the time when it was working (last night) and the time it stopped (now). I tried a couple troubleshooting options like closing/reopening the ROM, closing/reopening DeSmuME, visiting the FAQ and running the extracted version off my desktop, checking for possible second copies of the ROM, all to no avail. Anyone know what's going on or how to possibly fix this? I'm completely stumped. It might be worth noting that the StateSlots folder is also empty and the DeSmuME console says there aren't any .dsv save files created and that its looking for a .sav file. I do have a file called "PokeDungeons.dst" that might be the file but there isn't clear way to open it. Thanks in advance.

#2 2022-04-15 18:44:42

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Save State Issues

drag the .dst onto desmume.
If the files are missing, it's because your computer cleaned itself up or your kid brother is messing with you.
Computers tend to clean up TEMP FILES which is where your save states would be if you were running desmume from the zipfile.
You shouldn't invest a lot of time in IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS without making backups. If you'd made backups, you'd know where the files were and they wouldn't get lost (not to mention you'd have backups now).
In the future dearchive everything to a folder on your desktop and work from there, if you don't understand which places are safe to put files so that they won't get cleaned up.
And you may have to change the password so your kid brother can't mess with you.

Board footer