You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2021-02-02 14:12:45

FabioManoel1977

OBS cannot capture gameplay but can capture nicely MelonDS. Why ?

Sorry bad english

I am not so smart, but, I am not so stupid, I can use OBS to capture nicely gameplay of Emulator MelonDS but, is impossible to capture any gameplay from desmume, I tried to change all video configurations but it not helps, changed OpenGl old to OpenGL 3.2 and Softrasterizer and not helps.

Then, I wanted to gave up forever about Desmume and use only MelonDS however Desmume have a feature that I cannot play without: LCD SAWP key mapping to gamepad, this is a so awesome feature that MelonDS lacks and the creator of  MelonDS refuses to add this feature in  MelonDS  for some unknown reason.

Then, I beg you: help me to find a way to capture in OBS gameplay of  Desmume . If I choose to record my whole desktop (screen capture) it is indeed recorded the gameplay of  Desmume together with my desktop screen, sure, but, I not like it because I play at work and every 10 minutes I need to answer the fone or open a email and then I need to minimize the game windows, and If I am recording the desktop it shout record too my email page and others things and is a pain in the ass to be forced to edit and remove those scenes later... If I can record ONLY the emulator windows I can pause and minimize the record thousands of times a day and it is not recorded in the gameplay video and the  video became nicely  without teh need of any video edition, for instance in this video: https://youtu.be/009IAKuhj9g I recorded only the windows of the emulator VBA and then  I paused the gameplay 6 times and minimized the emulator windows 6 times and paused OBS, and not edited anything and the video became nicely, but, If I was recording the desktop together, that is the unique way for me to record desmume, I should be forced to edit the video in 6 different positions to remove the part that I was answering the emails.

Please help me to fix it. Help me to find a way to record in OBS ONLY the emulator windows.

Sorry bad English

I hope you understand me. I am using google translate and making some manual editions.

Last edited by FabioManoel1977 (2021-02-02 14:23:15)

#2 2021-02-02 18:07:03

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: OBS cannot capture gameplay but can capture nicely MelonDS. Why ?

config > display method.

#3 2021-02-02 20:54:18

FabioManoel1977

Re: OBS cannot capture gameplay but can capture nicely MelonDS. Why ?

zeromus wrote:

config > display method.

Thank you very much. It is working now perfectly.

Board footer