You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2018-12-18 09:57:03

fintogive
Website

RAM and CPU usage for HUD section.

an amount of DS RAM and CPU usage  would be very useful for homebrew game creators.  so they know when they have reached their limits or not to go over the limitation of the ds console.

#2 2018-12-18 19:26:23

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: RAM and CPU usage for HUD section.

CPU usage is already there. RAM usage is not something an emulator can provide; to the contrary, it is something the homebrew developer is uniquely positioned to have absolutely perfect information about already by tracking it in his allocators.

#3 2018-12-18 19:48:58

fintogive
Website

where? i dont see it in the HUD section.  also  the ram might still be useful to people that mod existing game roms  that would like to add to it.  for example extra models on levels  or larger textures or bigger songs.  so ok home brew games they know what their limitations are but  people blindly editing an existing rom wouldn't know how much ram is left to mess with.  i dont see how thats not possible to add since the emulator is set to use 4mb of ram to begin with.

#4 2018-12-19 00:36:46

zeromus
Radical Ninja

RAM USAGE IS NOT SOMETHING THIS EMULATOR CAN PROVIDE. Explaining it would require a 10-pages long thread full of your misconceptions and my corrections. Hardware doesn't manage memory, the game software does.
The CPU usage: http://wiki.desmume.org/index.php?title … ay_mean.3F

#5 2018-12-19 05:22:25

fintogive
Website

Could have told me that the right side of FPS was the cpu usage basically.  Why is that every time i ask about something or make a suggestion you get your panties in a bunch?  Would it kill you to be patient with others?  Not every one is a programmer nor understands how the emulator works technically.  Ok, i get it, RAM usage isn't possible.   And i get you get noob questions or user error issues and have to deal with people. frustrating i know.  But good gosh...  You don't need to fly off the handle about it. 

I will say this.  im glad this forum is nothing like the AKAIO acekard forums.  The admins or mods on there would rip a users head off for a spelling mistake or ban you for improper debugging.

Last edited by fintogive (2018-12-20 05:19:33)

#6 2018-12-19 19:00:07

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Huh? I DID tell you it was cpu usage basically by linking to the docs that explain it in more detail.

As for flying off the handle, you're the one who's swearing. I did you a favor by succinctly writing how wrong you are, so you dont have to spend 10 pages of time to find out. Now you can carry on in your game-hacking life studying the issue without mistakenly believing you understand that stuff already. It will help you learn it faster.

You want to see bad guy being mean, that's what you'll see. I suggest instead you try seeing nice guy helping you out in ways you may not even understand yet. It will make your day more pleasant.

#7 2018-12-20 05:18:55

fintogive
Website

Ok fine.  I will... and sorry for swearing i dont normally do that.  but im not the only one.  I've seen others on here and discord complaining.  Just saying.

And just for the record my game hacking life, is only a hobby.   i do own a computer repair storefront and soon a gallery in my area to keep food on the table.  desmume and the other emulators you work on is also just a hobby is it not? its not security software for the government or adobe software.  i mean surely you have a real job that keep the light on and the fridge full right?  i guess what im trying to say is ones work isnt more important than the other in this matter.

i download every build of desmume to beta test and try out.  I like to add my two cents in with feature request and bug reports.  i get you were trying to help but, you can be harsh with your wording sometimes.

Last edited by fintogive (2018-12-20 07:49:43)

Board footer