You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2015-12-25 16:58:55

Madara Uchiha

Please move the project away from SourceForge

Hey! This is a message mainly aimed at the project developers.

Please consider moving your project away from SourceForge, as SourceForge has been proven to be malicious, ad-ware hosting, crap-injecting host for open source projects.

Most safe browsing filters and extensions block it, and rightfully so.

Please consider moving the project source to GitHub (or better yet, host it yourself under some open source Git manager).

Please help the open source community by killing Source Forge, project by project.

#2 2016-03-18 20:17:29

KingofSushi

Re: Please move the project away from SourceForge

What's the current stance on Sourceforge? I was going to download the Mac build, but I noticed that the download was hosted on there, and I'm wondering if the whole adware bullshit has been truly resolved (I know that Sourceforge themselves said that it was, but considering that they were the ones who injected adware in the first place, I'm suspicious).

#3 2016-03-18 21:59:09

rogerman

No, there was never any adware in the DeSmuME releases hosted on SourceForge, at least none that I'm aware of.

But just as a quick check, I just downloaded copies of Mac, Win32 and Win64 versions of v0.9.11 from SourceForge and they didn't have any adware. There doesn't appear to be any signs of tampering with any of our files hosted on SourceForge.

While it is true that SourceForge has made some questionable decisions regarding adware, the DeSmuME project AFAIK has never been affected by it. But what is definitely true is that there are a bunch of people out there who have no idea on the software development process or how versioning systems work, and yet preach the migration to GitHub with quasi-religious fervor.

In short, don't worry about it.

#4 2016-03-18 22:06:42

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Sourceforge's installation of malware with projects the developers didn't even want them to host was a low point. They've come under new management and been on an upwards trajectory since then. I monitor the situation closely.

#5 2016-11-25 03:15:44

AsPoke3172

Look likes Desmume was moved into... GIT?

Desmume_GIT.png

Board footer