You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2014-07-16 16:07:01

Glitched Electron

Connecting Another Emulator (Not Wifi!)

Before you say anything like "IT SAYS THERE'S NO WIFI!", please let me explain.

I want to know if there is an alternative to wireless communications; all I want to do is link two emulators on the same computer. I know some other emulators do this (NO$GBA), but trying to connect both together always crashes. Plus, WFC is no longer available. All I want to do is have a Pokemon battle, with two emulators on the same computer.

Is there any OTHER way? I'm not asking for Wi-fi; I've followed countless tutorials just to learn I need WFC just to connect. I've tried searching up solutions, but they just don't work. Even with No$gba, when I link both of them together, it receives a signal for a second then crashes. Is there something (maybe other software) that can act as a "link" between the two emulators? Something that doesn't require an internet connection at all? I know there is VBA link; but I'm looking for DS.

As I am a noob at this, please forgive me for not knowing about anything; I wasn't born with all there is to know about DS emulators. And I have searched the forums for something similar; didn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.

#2 2014-07-16 19:14:11

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Connecting Another Emulator (Not Wifi!)

the NDS communicates via wifi. to connect two NDS devices through emulation requires emulation of wifi.

#3 2014-07-16 19:19:45

Glitched Electron

Okay, guess there really isn't any other way...

#4 2015-01-12 07:04:36

stuff222

zeromus, he's not trying to connect DS's through his computer. he's trying to connect two ds emulators(the programs that allow people to play ds games on a computer without a real ds) you should actually read things before replying

#5 2015-01-12 07:35:23

zeromus
Radical Ninja

I'm not talking about real nds devices.  I only mentioned it because people think there's some way to connect NDS besides by wifi, because they've never held an actual NDS in their hand and assume they can get linked by cable somehow.  I'll try to say the exact same thing again another way. How do you connect two ds? Via wifi. How do you connect two ds emulators? Via wifi emulation.  Desmume doesnt support wifi well enough. If it was capable of fully emulating wifi to the degree he needs, would be shown off on a million youtube videos and he wouldn't have to ask here about it.

Board footer