You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2009-12-24 20:13:28

Masti

Controller compatibility

Does this emulator support Xbox360 controller that works along with windows. I tried searching for controller / joystick configuration in the options but couldn't find any. Only hot key and control options can be accessed.
A suggestion of mine would be that you added controller support in the emulator, for us that just aren't pleased with simple 4-direction control with Arrow Keys.
Anyone with me should post a reply, and anyone who don't support this idea, please post a comment too, and why would it be a bad idea.

#2 2009-12-24 23:46:04

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Controller compatibility

I use my 360 gamepad in desmume. Keep trying.

#3 2009-12-25 00:26:08

Masti

Do I have to enable it somewhere, or can I change the button settings? I've been trying but I don't really expect it to work as soon as I stick the USB cable in my computer, right? You have to toggle it somewhere ... Right?
EDIT: I am playing on the 0.9.4 x86 version, and trying to get the game Kingdom Hearts 258/2 Days work with the controller. I did not see the game in Supported Games list, but for now I didn't double check or anything. If it's an issue with the version or game, please inform me ^^

Last edited by Masti (2009-12-25 00:34:34)

#4 2009-12-25 05:34:55

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Click until it works. I am not joking. Literally, click every single menu item until you figure out how to operate the software.

If you give up, please do not seppuku but rather rejoice in knowing that with each new day the sting of shame shall burn less, until at last it blends indistinguishably with all the other dull simmerings of misery which constitute your life, with which you are by now surely well and comfortably acquainted; and in the interest of advancing this happy conclusion as swiftly as possible, exercise your finger to the Config > Control Config menu item, wherein you should press the desired buttons on your gamepad and conclude the operation by clicking OK.

I guess I should add that I remember something about there being problems with xbox 360 pads on 0.9.5 which we may not have fixed until after the release, or maybe that had to do with multiple gamepads, I can't remember.

As to you using 0.9.4... why? We don't support that anymore, I can't even remember how its gamepad support was.

#5 2009-12-25 15:45:06

Masti

I cannot find the download link for 0.9.5 at the site, plus I did exactly as you sarcastically told me, but the problem was with the connection itself. I kept changing the USB port and found out that it only work with a certain port. Before, when I pressed the buttons at the config screen, it couldn't accept them, as if I didn't press anything. However, there should be alternative Config menu for gamepads and controllers, if you want to change quickly between keyboard and controller playing. Not needing to re-config the buttons. It works now tho, thanks for "helping".
And thanks to the creators, the emulator is awesome.

#6 2009-12-25 16:20:00

zeromus
Radical Ninja

That is an interesting suggestion, if you put it in the feature request tracker there is a chance it may get done someday.

#7 2009-12-27 05:22:17

XMSFel6

Glad you fixed your problem masti. I've got a wireless 360 controller and it's been able to be recognized and configured with desmume. Triggers don't seem to work for me but I don't care for them anyway.

Board footer