You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2009-02-03 07:31:03

PandaFister

Display problems (Windows, both OpenGL & none 3d renderer)

I finally get my hands on the latest desmume after much fiddling around with an older 0.7 version and NO$GBA.
And I get this on all games I try:
badgfxdd3.th.jpg
Had a quick scan through the source to see if there was anything obvious, but I've never done any real 3d or graphics programming so the effort was kinda futile.
Any suggestions as to what could be happening here are much appreciated.

I'm using a crappy Trident Cyber-XP4 (xp4m32) laptop chipset, but it handles playstation & n64 emulation very well so I'm not sure if that's the issue. Sometimes it has problems with OpenGL, but Direct3d always works fine (and unfortunately there aren't any 3d drivers in Linux).

Edit: the problems only happen when using the OpenGL renderer, likely a driver issue, but other games work fine with OpenGL.

Last edited by PandaFister (2009-02-03 17:04:45)

#2 2009-02-13 03:58:51

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Display problems (Windows, both OpenGL & none 3d renderer)

Different games use opengl differently. Different features and usage patterns. If buggy drivers for crappy video cards broke every game then I think they wouldve been fixed by now. Instead, they only break some games, and so they dont get fixed because it is under the manufacturer's radar.

If you check the subversion repository you might find that the latest code has a software rasterizer which will fix your problem by emulating the 3d without using opengl.

Board footer