You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2023-03-30 01:34:55

Delepri

DST files not loading aka save states no save state backup sytem

my demume.exe was misplaced. somehow. and I wanted to load some old save states to remember some good times. but when I went to download the new version of desmume version 9.13 my saves DST files wouldn't load. No save state backup system your game is wrecked. so I downloaded some old versions of desmume. version 9.11 and 9.10 no save state backup system. Version 0.0.99 and below would just crash.

to give you an idea of when these saves were created the earliest savestate created was mid 2019 and the latest was  late 2022 so some time ago

inb4 dont use save states Im just asking for some help

#2 2023-03-30 01:41:59

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: DST files not loading aka save states no save state backup sytem

You'll have to look for the timestamps on the files you DIDNT delete to get a sense of what desmume version might have been most current at the time, and use that version. Sorry, there's no easier way. We put everything together instead of littered all over your disk like other disgusting programs do (program files and several user profile documents and appdata directories) so it's easier to keep track of and not get mixed up between versions. But you have to actually keep the stuff for that to work.

#3 2023-03-30 02:00:08

Delepri

Ok well Im screwed then because wherever desmume.exe went its gone man and every previous version down to 9.8 just won't work. could it be the ini file or my computer is just saying no what the hell does no backup save state system even mean?

Last edited by Delepri (2023-03-30 02:02:26)

#4 2023-03-30 07:08:11

zeromus
Radical Ninja

it means desmume is scrambled until you close it after loading an invalid savestate. the ini file can't cause that. your computer can't cause that. Only mismatching desmume version can cause that. Or possibly corrupted savestates could cause it too, but it's not likely you'd have more than one of those

Board footer