You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2022-07-20 21:18:34

Irritated-Monkey

R4 .SAV ---> DeSmuME not working - what else can I do?

DeSmuME version used: 0.9.13

Goal: Load saves on DeSmuME that were previously played via R4+NDS

What is bugging me in particular: Rune Factory 2 refuses to load the save - just gives me two blank slots to choose from

What Has been tried:
- Converting R4 .sav to .dsv via online converter, then changing filename of .nds and .dsv to match -  works on a few games

- Converting R4 .sav to Acekard/RAW .sav, changing filename to match .nds file, importing through DeSmuME - this isn't working

-  NOT converting R4 .sav and trying to import through DeSmuME - also isn't working

- Doing the above after deleting the original .dsv file that is made when a rom is started - still no save.

The R4 Save works just fine on the NDS, but I also know that I'd really like to be able to play this on my PC... and the NDS may well crap out at any time.

What else can I do here?

#2 2022-07-20 23:51:02

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: R4 .SAV ---> DeSmuME not working - what else can I do?

post the r4 save

#3 2022-07-21 17:33:59

Irritated-Monkey

zeromus wrote:

post the r4 save

What do you mean by post the save?  As in attach it?  - how would I do this?

It's titled "Rune Factory 2 - A Fantasy Harvest Moon (E)(ABSTRAKT)" (and before you ask, yes, the copy I'm running on DeSmuME is also (E) region)
Not sure what  else to put here - it's 512kb, it's a SAV file

?? What else...?

#4 2022-07-21 20:38:50

zeromus
Radical Ninja

I don't offer internet tutorials. Find a way to upload the file on your own.

#5 2022-07-22 01:13:18

Irritated-Monkey

I see - Well, thank you for taking the time to respond anyhow. 
Simply stating that by "posting" you meant actually uploading the file would have sufficed.  The additional commentary to stress how you will *not* help and telling me to 'go figure it out yourself' was not necessary.  As it would appear that you don't actually have a desire to be helpful - but only to have a platform with which you can spit out demeaning comments - I won't post the file; so you don't have to roll your eyes and dread having to assess something.

#6 2022-07-22 01:21:03

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Thanks for your mercy. I didn't want to break my streak of 5000+ posts of useless bile by having to actually help anyone

#7 2022-07-27 23:46:59

fintogive
Website

Irritated-Monkey wrote:

I see - Well, thank you for taking the time to respond anyhow. 
Simply stating that by "posting" you meant actually uploading the file would have sufficed.  The additional commentary to stress how you will *not* help and telling me to 'go figure it out yourself' was not necessary.  As it would appear that you don't actually have a desire to be helpful - but only to have a platform with which you can spit out demeaning comments - I won't post the file; so you don't have to roll your eyes and dread having to assess something.

ignore him...

i'll help you if you still need it.  post your file  to mediafire, dropbox or google drive.  set the link to share (for google drive and drop box)   and copy the link to here.  i'll take a look at converting it manually if i have to.

Board footer