You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2022-07-18 20:31:33

Yov

I can't load my save states and my DST save

Hello,
I play Pokémon Black 2 since friday, and everytime I save I save a state in the slot 1 and a DST file with the option "save state as". But since this afternooon, everytime I try to load these two states, Desmume crashes immediately.
I created a new state in the 7th slot and it works, so it seems that the problem is my save states.
What can I do to play with my save states ?

#2 2022-07-18 22:00:48

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: I can't load my save states and my DST save

I suspect you updated or downgraded desmume, or have multiple desmumes and got mixed up about which is which, or your kid brother is messing with your computer.

This seems to happen to a lot of people, but given the millions of people playing pokemon on desmume, it's not necessarily a sign of anything other than that they're all making the same mistakes.

I'll investigate it if you send me ALL your savestates, LABEL which ones crash, and TELL ME WHAT DESMUME VERSION YOU (think) YOU ARE USING. If it's a very old version I may not be able to debug it. In that case, in the future, try to avoid using very old versions.

#3 2022-07-19 10:58:08

someone

Re: I can't load my save states and my DST save

Just stop using save states, use ingame saves.

Every few days there is a new post here about lost entire progress in Pokemon because of savestates.

Once again, how about making savestates disabled by default, and enabling them via manual editing of the ini file. Or do this if the game name contains "Pokémon".

Board footer