You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2022-02-08 12:28:46

Subatomic_duck

in game saving not working

i was trying to load a completed save file of phoenix wright to skip some of the trials but each time it would just restart the game without actually importing the save (it would only show new game as an option). i tried different save files, file types, regions, and made sure i was using the "import backup memory" option (so not a save state). after none of that worked i thought i would try seeing if loading my own save would work but when i tried to save the game it just said "save failed"

this is a fresh installation of desume version 0.9.12 and i haven't touched any of the settings. i also downloaded a version of 0.9.11 and had the same problem.

#2 2022-02-08 19:48:23

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: in game saving not working

Then you don't have the correct format of backup memory file. If that format was created by desmume itself, then follow these steps
1. stop using import backup memory
2. delete everything
3. boot the game. start a new file
4. close the emulator. see where the backup memory was placed by desmume
5. replace it with the file you want to use
6. boot the game again and your data will be thre

#3 2022-02-09 07:31:53

Subatomic_duck

i have not gotten these save files from desume itself, i got them from https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ds/925589 … rney/saves (i also found a .sav file version on another website if that matters). i did try this method by using a save file convertor but it didn't work (even if the files had the same name).

#4 2022-02-09 21:32:41

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Duc files are usually garbage. These are no exception. The game is supposed to have a 64KiB save file, yet you see these are 256KiB (you can determine this from advanscene.com). I doubt the converters work -- garbage in, garbage out. I was unable to repair this one in any of the usual ways: "Action Replay Max DS (.duc) Game Save (North America)" but you didn't tell me which one you were trying to use. Even forcing the save type doesn't help... if you check the duc in a hex editor, you'll see there's two copies of the data, wtf? Sorry, that's all I have time to do. You're probably out of luck.

#5 2022-02-10 03:40:30

Subatomic_duck

thank you for your help but i ended up figuring something else out. i found another thread person on reddit had the exact same problem that i did where the save files off gamefaqs wouldn't work, you were right that the data was garbage on some of them but one of them worked perfectly when doing the "import backup memory" option, (which i did because thats the same thing the person in the thread did).

#6 2022-02-10 06:40:31

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Awesome, good news. Can you write which one worked?

Board footer