You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2021-09-20 08:27:33

Panda.

A code that disables musics completely in M&L Bowser's Inside Story

I first tried to teach myself on how to do that in my own, by RAW searching experience, no good. Lua scripting doesn't have to do with roms? I have tried to see in the internet on how to disable a specific address but like that can be existing. So my only way is now asking to DeSmuMe directly for a cheat code to disable the musics.

I want to rip some noises while its emulation is slow (recording and not dumping), because that does another noises completely, like the electricity and so much on. I don't want to the sound resource website's sounds because it doesn't meet exactly what I need, even if I work on Audacity for it. At least recording in emulation has its continuous noises still in the game and that gives the best recorded sound for me

#2 2021-09-20 19:20:39

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: A code that disables musics completely in M&L Bowser's Inside Story

nobody's gonna make that code for you. you'll have to become a super hacker. but i can suggest something a little easier. use the SPU view to find the addresses of _instruments_ that are playing. then zero them all out in hex editor or by lua script. then the instruments will be silenced and only sfx will play. or rather, if you want, you can use the spu view to find the addresses of the SFX, if you can isolate them from the constant chatter of the instruments. then you can dump them directly (the spu viewer will tell you the length of the sfx also). please note that the sfx are also likely to be small musical jingles or modulated in realtime, so this may not result in 100% what you're accustomed to hearing. Please also note on the NDS, some sounds may be GB-type sounds. So the most reliable way to do it will be to zero out the instruments.

You will find more help doing this kind of thing on a homebrewer or reverse engineers forum, not this place full of people asking how to press the start button or why they lost their save files.

#3 2021-10-07 08:54:36

fintogive
Website

i beg to differ... 

here you go bud.  let me know if that disables all the music  i just made it and check it on the  title screen and game intro when starting the game.

no music bowsers story (NTSC U)
2205EB44 00000000

btw it doesnt take a super hacker to make a code like this.  enjoy!

Last edited by fintogive (2021-10-07 08:59:33)

#4 2021-10-07 19:00:46

zeromus
Radical Ninja

how do you figure these out? are you actually able to use the desmume disassembler, or do you use the GDB stub, or debug the emulator in VS, or what?

#5 2021-10-07 21:17:37

Panda.

Well I used the VGMTrans to highlight all banks by seeing the first hex address at the first bank, and the final hex address at the final bank, then I opened the rom in hex by a hex editor (HxD) to zero all the full highlight as you told me zeromus. Then I made a new rom with the zeroed banks and used DeSmuME to load the rom and it has no music. Thanks so much

And fintogive the code is working, thanks..

#6 2021-10-07 21:34:06

zeromus
Radical Ninja

cool!!! nice to know it worked both ways. each will be helpful for giving the same treatment to different games. thanks for reporting your findings.

#7 2021-10-11 10:00:17

fintogive
Website

zeromus wrote:

how do you figure these out? are you actually able to use the desmume disassembler, or do you use the GDB stub, or debug the emulator in VS, or what?

well its from past experience of hacking.  but most of not all ds games have a universal sound volume value being 0x0000007f
at the time i used a trainer tool kit to figure it out on diddy kong racing.  its a piece of hardware that hooks in the the gba slot  and come with a program for dumping the ram via usb  for analysis editing or creating codes all wile the ds is running.  i can make edits to the ram directly. 

i figure this out by messing with the sound controls in the option menu and did less than and greater than searches.

for this code i just used the desmume cheat search to make it.

this goes for sound effects too but sounds are more time consuming to disable as they often have several addresses to zero out to disable all the sounds.

personally i like to use disable sound codes to insert my own music or avoid copyright issues if the game has any on youtube lol.

#8 2021-10-11 10:04:02

fintogive
Website

Panda. wrote:

Well I used the VGMTrans to highlight all banks by seeing the first hex address at the first bank, and the final hex address at the final bank, then I opened the rom in hex by a hex editor (HxD) to zero all the full highlight as you told me zeromus. Then I made a new rom with the zeroed banks and used DeSmuME to load the rom and it has no music. Thanks so much

And fintogive the code is working, thanks..

np!  glad i could help!  just remember 0x0000007f is a universal sound value  every DS games music (and sound effects too) can be disabled  using that value.  it can also be used an a volume  just set the value lower for lower audio.

#9 2021-10-11 13:51:54

AsPoke3172

Best codes ever!

Board footer