You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2021-05-21 03:18:42

expert belt

Daily events are not happening daily

When I play Pokemon Platinum on Desmume, it apparently can read my computer's clock. The digital watch works properly, and wild Pokemon appear at the correct times. The problem is that the people who are supposed to give away an item every day only give it away once. Is there a way to fix this?
I had this problem since before I started using savestates, and it's been a lot more than 24 hours since I last used savestates. Please do not tell me this is because of savestates.

#2 2021-05-21 07:45:01

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Daily events are not happening daily

There is a standard workaround involving letting your PC roll over past midnight. It's described here AND 1000 OTHER PLACES
https://github.com/Arisotura/melonDS/issues/443
This guy says it broke at some point in desmume history
https://forums.desmume.org/viewtopic.php?id=11483
He's pretty methodical but it's still not enough to debug with. If someone can give me reproducible test steps that work in 0.9.11 and not recent autobuild, then I can bisect to the commit that broke it.

#3 2021-05-21 20:02:22

expert belt

The workaround works on my computer. thanks

#4 2021-09-04 09:00:10

Joshiku

Just a week back i downloaded version #e8f619c4 (i'm going to call it 0.9.12 from here) and since i have been running into the same problems mentioned here, i have done some testing so i can post the steps here. My version of the game is pokemon platinum in german and the problems occur on both the new emulator-version and 0.9.11, when the last save was done on 0.9.12. If the last save was done on 0.9.11 and i wait a day, the game will work correctly there, but not on 0.9.12. For the test steps, i first started playing the game from the beginning, then i played until the first daily event, wich to my knowledge is the ID-Lottery in Jubilife City. It is unlocked once the player saves professor Rowan from galactic grunts. It is located inside Jubilife TV wich is right next to the team galactic battle. If i talk to the ID-Lottery-woman what should happen is that she tells me todays winning id and the next day she will give me a new one, but if i play on 0.9.12 she will keep telling me the same id forever. If you need more info, i will gladly try to help.

#5 2021-09-04 22:03:20

zeromus
Radical Ninja

post a savestate where I can talk to that lady and I should be able to get a different message each day

#6 2021-09-05 11:13:20

Joshiku

I've read often from you that savestates shoudn't be used with Pokemon games, so that throws me off a bit. If you are refering to my savegame i could give that to you, but i ask myself if you have a german version of the game, because i don't know if it will work otherwise.
Then i also don't know if the games cheat protection would activate, in wich case you need to wait a day for daily events to continue, since the savegame is going from one System to another. The cheat protection activates if you put the game in a different system and i didn't test if this is detected as such.
I'm also quite unfamilar with sending files over the internet like this, so i want to know how you want me to send that file to you. Otherwise i would recommend playing through the game till that point yourself, because it only takes about 1.5 to 4 hours depending on how familiar you are with the game. The game is also quite linear at that point. It's probably faster than teaching me too.
Giving you more info on my steps is something i can do, but i would basically be giving you a walkthrough of the game at that point

#7 2021-09-05 19:36:03

zeromus
Radical Ninja

ok, you can give me a .dsv file too.
i'm not going to play the game for hours. you need to learn how to send files over the internet. try wetransfer.com

#8 2021-09-06 13:52:33

Joshiku

Ok, here is the .dsv
https://we.tl/t-WBXI0qIpOg

#9 2021-09-08 08:19:22

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Each time you started desmume, you would get a different mac address due to a bug in desmume.
The game requires you to save and close the game and start it again with the same mac address before the events will be unlocked.
The bug has been fixed in https://github.com/TASVideos/desmume/co … 8ce163b6a9.
Use a a build from appveyor with that commit. Load your game. Talk to the lady to get your 48705.  Save the game and close desmume. Change your clock and open it again. The save file is now cured.
Alternatively, bring a save file from 0.9.11 over to a new build. The mac address is the same in 0.9.11 as it is now after the commit which fixed the bug. So the game won't know anything out of the ordinary has happened.
See this thread for more details: https://github.com/Arisotura/melonDS/issues/443

#10 2021-09-08 15:15:12

Joshiku

Thank you. I just downloaded it and it works

#11 2021-09-08 21:31:07

zeromus
Radical Ninja

oh, COOL! thanks for reporting your findings.

Board footer