You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2021-03-30 22:48:42

waxfire

Can time passed outside of the emulator be recognized for timed acts?

I'm trying to catch pokemon that require honey trees which take 6 hours to spawn. On a console this time passes even when the ds is off, but that doesn't seem to be the case with emulators. So I was wondering if there is some kind of setting I'm missing or if it's just impossible to make it so I don't have to play for 6 hours to catch a honey tree pokemon, and over 10 hours to grow certain berries.
(the game is pokemon platinum don't know if that's important or not)
I'm new to emulators so please forgive me for a lack of knowledge. Any answer will be appreciated.

#2 2021-03-31 01:25:21

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Can time passed outside of the emulator be recognized for timed acts?

stop using savestates. change your system clock.

#3 2021-03-31 01:54:03

waxfire

I don't use save states unless you mean the ingame save system, but i'll try changing the system clock (after googling how) next time i play. thank you

#4 2021-03-31 04:08:36

zeromus
Radical Ninja

time passes when desmume is off because it uses your system (i.e. windows) clock. you can only break this by using savestates. If you understand what time it is on your computer and you arent using a system clock, then you are misunderstanding how pokemon works.

#5 2021-03-31 07:08:21

waxfire

Okay i think i might need to reword my issue i'm not the most tech savy and i could be misunderstanding what you're telling me but the game's time is synched to my computer it did that automatically when i opened the game the first time. The issue is that if i come back to the game 6 hours after doing something like applying honey the tree will still have honey and no pokemon rustling i planted berries three days ago checked at least twice each day and no growth has been observed the day night cycle works fine but my game isn't recognizing that time has passed between each time i played. In short clock and day night cycle works but arbitrary wait times don't countdown between sessions.

Edit: i'll still try changing the clock but i think i may have miscommunicated my issue

Last edited by waxfire (2021-03-31 07:10:30)

#6 2021-03-31 15:26:10

zeromus
Radical Ninja

close desmume and the game will have no choice but to pick up the time from the system clock the next time you start it. unless you use savestates, then you break everything.

#7 2021-05-21 20:11:20

expert belt

Apparently Desmume thinks you changed the computer's clock every time you close Desmume and launch it again at a different time. There are also a lot of things in Pokemon that update only when you enter a location. So here are some things that you can try.

use honey
leave the place where you used the honey
save the game
close Desmume
set your computer's clock forward by 5 hours (or just wait 5 hours)
wait until the sixth hour is about to pass
load your Platinum save file
let the sixth hour pass
check the honey tree

If that doesn't work, then the other thing you can try is using the honey, leaving the area, and simply leaving Platinum running for 6 hours.

#8 2021-05-22 17:57:27

zeromus
Radical Ninja

desmume doesn't know if you changed your clock. this is all up to the game. Note that when you close desmume, you close the game too and either way the game will see a time discontinuity

Board footer