You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2021-02-28 20:18:43

gregdawiz

Cannot insert user-generated audio

Hello, I am using the latest mac build of desmume that the official website points to. (desmume-git#be2735b3-mac-cocoa) I am also using Mojave if that matters. I am playing Pokemon Platinum and need to be able to make a loud noise for Chatot's Chatter move to have a 30% to confuse the opponent. Ive run into a few problems: a) all desmume created noise (internal noise, white noise, sine wave) is not loud enough for the 30%. b) using my headphone microphone doesn't seem to work at all with desmume. (it says in desmume's microphone settings its using the built-in mic for my macbook but my mac preferences have the headphone microphone selected as input) c) Any time i record noise as an audio file and put it in desmume, it seems to not actually make the noise. Chatot does not repeat any noise back to me after using the Chatter field move. Could I get any help with B or C? Am I missing something obvious? Thank you very much for your time helping me. I strongly appreciate whomever spends their free time to help me debug this.

#2 2021-02-28 22:39:12

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Cannot insert user-generated audio

you are not likely to get any help using the mac desmume here, as barely anybody uses it. try openemu instead

#3 2021-03-01 00:23:59

gregdawiz

That was the problem. OpenEmu uses Desmume's core but only implements the internal noise effect for the microphone. hmm Ah well, i may be S.O.L.

#4 2021-03-01 01:37:29

zeromus
Radical Ninja

I suggest you search the FAQ on the desmume wiki for the mic samples we provide. If they don't work in the mac desmume.. well.. that's weird.

Also, you know, you have to hold the mic hotkey down to record noise (or play the mic sample)

#5 2021-03-03 20:12:25

gregdawiz

Thanks. The audio given to me helped and worked on the mac version. Not sure why stuff i was recording didnt work.. maybe i was not in a range the ds mic picks up? Im still unsure if the sample is loud enough for the best Chatter, testing it seemed to confuse <30% of the time but maybe im just really unlucky. Regardless, Im going to try editing tones in audacity and putting them in desmume. Thanks again for the help.

#6 2021-03-04 18:53:43

gregdawiz

I got it to work. For future chatot likers using desmume and searching google/this forum: Try to hit the hotkey for the desmume noise sample a bit prior to starting the recording for chatot's chatter. That was most likely my issue. I think youll be able to get desmumes noise_loud.wav file to work if you record it the way i mentioned. If that doesnt work, I got mine to work by generating a 1500hz tone in audacity and inputing that as the audio clip. The combination of that tone and the recording method made Chatter hit 30% for me.

Board footer