You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2021-01-08 00:47:26

mastergeek

GTK Linux build segfaults when choosing a slot1 type (like R4)

I've found out that linux builds (don't know about windows or mac osx) seg fault with a call to 'slot1_Change' whenever a slot1 type different than the default RETAIL is passed with '--slot1'. With considerable effort (I should learn me some good gdb-fu) I've traced the issue to the function 'desmume_init()', which calls 'NDS_Init()' , being called after the 'process_addonCommands()' (a method of 'configured_features' class) in the main function of GTK linux build. CLI linux version does not have this issue, in fact I found out the issue by comparing GTK's code to CLI's.

Specifically, 'desmume_init()' provides for all slot1 types constructors to be defined, but in GTK code they are accessed before that with 'my_config->process_addonCommands()', hence the segfaults. I got it all worked out by moving 'desmume_init()' call above 'my_config->process_addonCommands()'.

Just wanted to mention it so it gets fixed in upstream, and there's another issue about all command line switches except '--help' not working in upstream, should I make another topic for it or what?

--mg

#2 2021-01-08 00:48:33

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: GTK Linux build segfaults when choosing a slot1 type (like R4)

post the bug on github, the linux maintainer actually pays attention there.

#3 2021-01-08 00:49:30

mastergeek

Re: GTK Linux build segfaults when choosing a slot1 type (like R4)

Will do, thanks.

EDIT:
Issue https://github.com/TASVideos/desmume/issues/415

Last edited by mastergeek (2021-01-08 01:26:46)

Board footer