You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2021-01-07 06:32:16

HeatedHyphen

Pokemon Platinum Cheats Issue (Saved Memory)

Hello. This may seem long and confusing but I will do my best.
I have been using Desmume for a bit and have been playing reandomized pokemon games. I have randomized pokemon platinum and wanted to use XP action replay cheats (I am about half way through and playing with a friend). I have gone through all of the options and walkthroughs to use cheats. In fact I have been able to use cheats in other games. I was having issues because every cheat I used did not work. I went to the forums and no similar issue to my problem. SO I took it upon myself to figure out what was the issue. I downloaded another desmume found in the forums and it works the same exact way. I mimiced every setting exactly as I had my other one, held them side by side and ran the same exact game I was running (the same pokemon platinum I randomized) and it made me start over. I played just far enough to where I could test to see if the xp cheat worked, in which it did. The next thing I did was exported my memory from the same game I am using on the other demume app that was co-running, and imported it into my "new" desmume app hoping it was just the issue with the version of desmume I had (9.11). Come to find out, the cheats do not work on that saved memory file (even though it is the same game being run).
Now that I have explained all of that, long story short, I have deduced my problem is within my memory for the game itself, rather than the game, region, type of desmume, or settings. How do I fix this? I do not have the liberty of starting the game over since I am currently soul-linking with a friend, nor do I want to spend countless hours grinding. Granted, I will, but it takes a very long time. Can anyone help?

#2 2021-01-07 07:12:58

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Pokemon Platinum Cheats Issue (Saved Memory)

elaborate "exported memory"

#3 2021-01-07 16:47:30

HeatedHyphen

Under the "File" Tab is the option to "Import Backup Memory" and "Export Backup Memory".

#4 2021-01-07 21:57:10

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Don't use that option. Manually manage the .dsv file instead and see if it works better.
In other news, we don't support hacked roms. I can't guarantee that a cheat made for a vanilla rom will work on a hacked rom.

Board footer