You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2020-10-20 19:44:33

Friendwolf

Bottom Screen is rendering somewhere else? (Battle of Giants: Dragons)

Hello!
I've been trying to get the game Battle of Giants: Dragons on Desmume 0.9.11 for a few hours now. The game starts off well, both 3D rendering and 2D elements are doing fine until it gets to the tutorial stage for a battle. The start of the battle is fine as well, but when a character gets hit, anything that should be rendered 3D goes black, but the game keeps playing. After trying it many times, I've noticed that it's not exactly going black, but whatever that should be rendering in 3D is just changing places? If I can land a successful second hit, sometimes I can start seeing it partially, sometimes it shrinks to the corner, sometimes shrinks to cover only half of the screen.

I've tried changing the renderers, I've disabled and enabled the layers, but nothing is helping. Can someone help me out with this?

Thank you very much in advance!!

#2 2020-10-20 22:19:52

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Bottom Screen is rendering somewhere else? (Battle of Giants: Dragons)

use a newer version of desmume (that version is several years old) and change the 3d renderer to softrasterizer

#3 2020-10-21 00:09:57

Friendwolf

Thank you so much for hearing me out!

I did try changing the renderers, it was no use.
And I thought 0.9.11 was the latest version, I couldn't find a newer one on Desmume's website, I remember looking for it. Is there somewhere I overlooked? Where exactly can I get the newest version?

#4 2020-10-21 00:21:54

AsPoke3172

Visit here to download.

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/zeromus/desmume/history

By following the days, which was latest GIT builds. Just select it, choose Artifacts and click the file to download it.

Notice! This is 64 bit version only for Windows 7 SP3, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. So, the 32 bit was almost dropped out!

Make sure also download this one if any problems.

https://github.com/TASVideos/BizHawk-Prereqs/releases

Last edited by AsPoke3172 (2020-10-21 00:23:35)

Board footer