You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2020-08-03 07:03:55

riqul

Configuring save paths

Is there any way to set the path for save slots, states and screenshots for every rom to the path of the rom itself? That way, if multiple people are using a rom each of them would have a completely different profile.

#2 2020-08-03 07:32:41

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Configuring save paths

If multiple people are using a (single) rom then the way you want it, each of them would NOT have a completely different profile. Nor would they under the default/normal settings. I think the only way to get what you want is to use a different ini for each person. I would suggest each person have a completely separate desmume directory. In their user documents directory.

#3 2020-08-03 18:46:25

riqul

Re: Configuring save paths

zeromus wrote:

I would suggest each person have a completely separate desmume directory. In their user documents directory.

I did not want to have separate desmume directories for each profile but thank you for telling me about the ini file. I fixed my problem (or should I say found a clunky workaround) by writing a script that sets the paths in the ini file to the path of the rom and then runs the rom. Then I can just open that instead of the rom and it's all good. I'm doing all of this because I'm kinda used to and prefer VisualBoyAdvance's approach to saves.

You can find the script here if you're interested: https://github.com/squivix/desmume-path-editor

Last edited by riqul (2021-05-24 13:58:08)

Board footer